Not open for further replies.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
100% ...install complete, reset and now working on updates 35%...
Excellent News @JakeXPMan :)... Really happy that the install went through.
The updates themselves should hopefully go without any further problems...
If for any reason they do not then post back to this thread and we will solve any issues:)

Reactions: frogboy

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:
  • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176929) - Error 0x80246002
huhuhu
I already have the Anniv Update installed, but Windows Update keeps offering it to me, and fails.

I guess this calls for a clean installation or reset. :(

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
huhuhu
I already have the Anniv Update installed, but Windows Update keeps offering it to me, and fails.

I guess this calls for a clean installation or reset. :(
@XhenEd ..
Hold off from resorting to a clean install or reset...there may be a way to repair this:)
There is a possibilty that due to the corruption of a few files that windows update is trapped in a cycle.

Have you tried using the ..
SFC command utility

Remember to create a system restore point or back up first.:)

Reactions: XhenEd and frogboy
H

hjlbx

I feel for anyone that has to deal with this nonsense, but of course, there is the clean install OS option.

What can I tell ya... it sucks, but the net result is you have a refreshed system and just disable Windows Update service.

If I find a way to get Enterprise or Enterprise LTSB activated, then I'm gonna share it with e-v-e-r-y-b-u-d-d-y...................

H

hjlbx

It appears from online reports that even with clean install OS, AU is creating all sorts of problems.

Thank this guy:

20h9ao.jpg

Reactions: ravi prakash saini

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Excellent News @JakeXPMan :)... Really happy that the install went through.
The updates themselves should hopefully go without any further problems...
If for any reason they do not then post back to this thread and we will solve any issues:)

The windows 10 seems all here, it just my internet connection and anything that has to do with adapter drivers is not working right, and the troubleshoot wasnt able to fix. Cannot access Wi-fi. It says No internet - secured

I can try to hook up Ethernet cable try a connection and fix, or ... go to a driver backup folder and see if that one works...

Last edited:

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@JakeXPMan ...
I found a few cases online where this happened to others..
In those cases (for some reason) the update disabled IP protocols...Their issue was fixed after doing the follow...:)

Make sure the IPv4 and IPv6 protocols are enabled:
  • Go to Advanced Network settings
  • Go to Network and Sharing Centre
  • Go to Change Adapter Settings
  • Select Properties for the Wifi Adapter (right-click your connection)
  • Make sure the IPv4 and IPv6 protocols are selected
This may not be the reason,but it is a good place to start.:)

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
@XhenEd ..
Hold off from resorting to a clean install or reset...there may be a way to repair this:)
There is a possibilty that due to the corruption of a few files that windows update is trapped in a cycle.

Have you tried using the ..
SFC command utility

Remember to create a system restore point or back up first.:)
Thanks!
I'll try that first, then if that still fails, I'll do a clean install (or reset, due to the important files present).

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
How to fix the Windows 10 Start menu :
SOURCE: alphr.com (ARTICLE DATE: 8th AUG 2016)

Is your Windows 10 Start menu not working? Here we show you how to get your Start menu back:

Here we’ve collected four fixes that have worked for us, from simply shutting down programs to tinkering with Microsoft’s Windows Media Creation Tool. If your Start menu isn’t working, these fixes should do the trick...

• Check for corrupt files
  • Kill Explorer
  • Rebuild Index
  • Media Creation Tool
For instructions on how to perform the above fixes please visit the link at the top of this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.