Announcing Beta of Malwarebytes 3.0, a Next-Generation Antivirus Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
What makes this new MalwareBytes product a "next-generation" antivirus? Do they auto assign that name because of combining all this modules?

Probably because of this part.

When we launch Malwarebytes 3.0, we are confident that you can finally replace your traditional antivirus, thanks to our innovative and layered approach to preventing malware infections using a healthy combination of proactive and signature-less technologies. While signatures are still effective against threats like potentially unwanted programs, the majority of our malware detection events already come from our signature-less technologies like our Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware; that trend will only continue to grow.

Announcing Beta of Malwarebytes 3.0, a Next-Generation Antivirus Replacement

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I guess they call it "next generation" because they are trying to rely on technologies other than signature-based detections, which is considered "traditional". At this point, behavior module, cloud analysis, sandboxing, etc. could all be considered next generation even though they have been around for a while.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
What makes this new MalwareBytes product a "next-generation" antivirus? Do they auto assign that name because of combining all this modules?
Next Gen antivirus has to stop next-gen attacks: memory-based, PowerShell, script-based, obfuscated malware, then next gen malware.
Here's the challenge, if MalwareBytes can do something new and effective, then that's the time.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would be very sad the day anti malware becomes AV,what shall i do without malwarebytes anti malwareo_OPremium
Anti-Malware and Antivirus are terms used, doesn't make them any different (with exceptions). Emisosoft Anti-Malware is an Antivirus software. Malwarebytes 3.0 will incorporate MBAM Premium and other products, it's an Antivirus.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Is anyone testing it against new malware to know how effective this next release actually is?
Well...for the new version it's worth a re-test. I believe it will be the same as testing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware but just at a faster speed.

It's also good to re-test its anti-ransomware component since the last test when it was in beta

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Can you still use it with other security solutions? I deactivated all real time protection just in case.

Reactions: AtlBo and JB007

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Yes you can.

Can I still run Malwarebytes alongside my Symantec or McAfee?
Certainly! We built Malwarebytes 3.0 to be compatible with all major antivirus software, even Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Thread: Announcing Beta of Malwarebytes 3.0, a Next-Generation Antivirus Replacement

There might be issues if you run it alongside HMP.A however (pbust stated so in the Malwarebytes 3.0 thread over at Wilders). If you experience any incompatibilities with Malwarebytes 3.0 and your other security products, you should report them on Malwarebytes Forums directly so the team can take a look at it.

Malwarebytes 3.0 Beta - Malwarebytes Forums

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Does anyone know if there is a scheduled release date for the stable version ?

Reactions: AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.