Announcing Beta of Malwarebytes 3.0, a Next-Generation Antivirus Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
My guess is that I expect Anti-Ransomware to be used like Anti-Rootkit. Basically, Anti-Rootkit is always in a beta build. When the build is stable enough, the technology is rolled in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and a new beta build for Anti-Rootkit is released. I can see them doing the same thing for Anti-Ransomware. Just a wild guess however.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Having problems with the program forgetting some settings on reboot, however it's a big improvement over previous beta on the PC which the program wouldn't run at all after rebooting so getting there. Very impressed with the program though which I'm thinking may take the place of Zemana AM when final, assuming the final runs OK on this PC as have a full licence.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Having problems with the program forgetting some settings on reboot, however it's a big improvement over previous beta on the PC which the program wouldn't run at all after rebooting so getting there. Very impressed with the program though which I'm thinking may take the place of Zemana AM when final, assuming the final runs OK on this PC as have a full licence.

Did you report that issue on Malwarebytes Forums yet?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think this will replace my Zemana Antilogger
If Malwarebytes are able to make v3 run stable and with minimal performance impact then I don't see why you shouldn't.
What do you use ZAL standalone or alongside another security product?

Reactions: AtlBo and JB007
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I installed The latest beta of Malwarebytes and all Froze,I could not do anything, it can not run with Bitdefender.I like these two pieces of software a lot.:D:(

Reactions: JB007

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I installed The latest beta of Malwarebytes and all Froze,I could not do anything, it can not run with Bitdefender.I like these two pieces of software a lot.:D:(
I don't recommend using the Beta considering it's more than an Anti-Malware and may conflict with standalone suites like Bitdefender. Did you add each to their Exclusions?

Reactions: JB007 and Berny

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I installed latest beta ,so I thought it would override my current malwarebytes premium but the beta installed in the 64bit program folder and left the other older version intact.Anyone else see that ?

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

No I forgot,perhaps that is why:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014

I installed latest beta ,so I thought it would override my current malwarebytes premium but the beta installed in the 64bit program folder and left the other older version intact.Anyone else see that ?

For the beta, it is recommended to uninstall any other Malwarebytes products first (AM, AE and ARW) and then install the beta.

Please report these issues on Malwarebytes Forums, so the team can know about them.

Malwarebytes 3.0 Beta - Malwarebytes Forums

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Trying the BETA pretty pleased a couple of issues with the protection. At least my lifetime license will come to good use. :)

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
You should always disable your licence before uninstalling Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to avoid licencing issues on the new install. And your licence will work on Malwarebytes 3.0, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.