Advice Request Antivirus companies user data

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Harputlu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
About 2 years ago, there was a report showing how much user data antivirus companies received.can you share the link to the report? I couldn't find on the internet. Which company receives the least user data ?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
About 2 years ago, there was a report showing how much user data antivirus companies received.can you share the link to the report? I couldn't find on the internet. Which company receives the least user data ?
Answered your question on Wilders and here is the post on MT discussing the report from AV Comparatives published in 2014:

Harputlu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
AV Comparatives should investigate data collection again and make a new table. Latest one is really outdated, back from 2014.
I am buying escan Total security 3 years amazon.in global key. 8 dolar . I want to keep my personal data. Kaspersky protects better but takes everything.
escan ' s interface has not changed for years. It's a bit of a lazy firm . I hope the user agreement hasn't changed either. 😀

Last edited:

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I am buying escan Total security amazon.in global key. 8 dolar . I want to keep my personal data. Kaspersky protects better but takes everything.
escan ' s interface has not changed for years. It's a bit of a lazy firm . I hope the user agreement hasn't changed either. 😀

If you are choosing an AV company A over AV Company B because of privacy concerns or their data collection policy,
would you rather have company A who offers better protection from Malware or Ransomware protecting your personal data.

or

Company B who according to you offers less protection so the chances of being infected by malware or spyware that can
potentiality steal all your personal data or even worse?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
If you are choosing an AV company A over AV Company B because of privacy concerns or their data collection policy,
would you rather have company A who offers better protection from Malware or Ransomware protecting your personal data.

or

Company B who according to you offers less protection so the chances of being infected by malware or spyware that can
Why does privacy mean less protection?

Harputlu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016

or

escan is a quality antivirus program. it's not bad.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.