Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Well, when users votes for F-Secure (including me) that doesn't means it's the best AV, it's rather something like personal preference...
But all opinions are just opinions even said from "experts" true facts should be always proven, otherwise it's bla,bla,bla ;)
I like you and think you're a nice guy. We had some nice exchanges in private messages too, but I don't know why so often you get triggered easily when someone says something that doesn't match with your opinion 🤷‍♂️ Calm down, chill.
Anyway, don't want to argue. Gotta sleep 😴 Goodnight.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I'm rather surprised to see such regard for F-Secure. An extensive trial versus various ransomware may cause one to reconsider (just sayin').
Does that mean there are programs that stop everything that is thrown at them? If so, then I want to know which one it is, and I want to use it right away ;)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I like you and think you're a nice guy. We had some nice exchanges in private messages too, but I don't know why so often you get triggered easily when someone says something that doesn't match with your opinion 🤷‍♂️ Calm down, chill.
Anyway, don't want to argue. Gotta sleep 😴 Goodnight.
I haven't quoted you, I meant rather all comments about F-Secure in this thread. Everyone has the right to comment different opinions or the opposite in general on all topics in the forum.
I believe our last disagree was long time ago sometime last year, so not much often in your case 🤷‍♂️
My concern only about "experts" that depends from my point of view. Nothing really to argue, I agree about that 🤝

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I haven't quoted you, I meant rather all comments about F-Secure in this thread. Everyone has the right to comment different opinions or the opposite in general on all topics in the forum.
I believe our last disagree was long time ago sometime last year, so not much often in your case 🤷‍♂️
My concern only about "experts" that depends from my point of view. Nothing really to argue, I agree about that 🤝
Ok, alright then :)

AlbinoSnoGoat

May 6, 2022
I moved away from Kaspersky due to the current situations involving Russia etc., however I have moved back to the new version of Kaspersky Standard. I test different security solutions quite often, and for ME and my use on PC; I would say Kaspersky and Avast have always given me adequate protection for my needs. I definitely understand the need for choices in security solutions, since users all have different habits, and risk situations. These are just my top 2 for my personal habits and use.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
been using ESET for the past several years without any issues. It always seems very light. I have used Kaspersky. I liked it. I see F-Secure is popular, every time I go to use its online scanner, I can never get it to run correctly, so never installed it. If and when I get around to setting up a VM again, I'll try F-Secure.
PS I use Voodooshield for extra cyberlock security, and its ability to contextually scan with VT and direct link to cuckoo sandbox analysis if needed. I have also used Comodo Firewall containment with cruelsister's config. If I wasn't paid up with ESET into next year, I might try Windows Defender along with Andy's H_C.

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
Defender on default settings. No Configure Defender or Defender UI. Also using the MBAM Browser Guard extension. I had been using this combo for a long time until last week I tried Avast Free again. I wanted an AV that would work directly in the browser on Firefox, which MD Defender does not do. Avast was ok to start with but caused some problems this weekend, so I have dumped it for the last time.

C.H.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.