Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Microsoft Defender.

I have been a user of Eset, Kaspersky, Norton and F-Secure.
They are also good antivirus programs, but I only need a protection for my needs, which is simple and above all does not bother me (Norton and its false positives).

For the moment, I haven't found an alternative to Microsoft Defender (even if Kaspersky tempted me)

Claudio66

Level 1
Apr 9, 2022
Microsoft Defender.

I have been a user of Eset, Kaspersky, Norton and F-Secure.
They are also good antivirus programs, but I only need a protection for my needs, which is simple and above all does not bother me (Norton and its false positives).

For the moment, I haven't found an alternative to Microsoft Defender (even if Kaspersky tempted me)

Test January 2022 - by Avlab.pl.
Microsoft Defender doesn't appear to be in good shape.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Test January 2022 - by Avlab.pl.
Microsoft Defender doesn't appear to be in good shape.
It certainly isn't a great result, but keep in mind the test was performed using default settings. Most forum members—myself included—using Microsoft Defender modify its internal settings to enhance its effectiveness. So the test is likely not representative of what would've occurred if different settings were applied.

ExecutiveOrder

Level 2
Sep 21, 2021
Might be a good idea if MWT made this poll yearly like the AV-Comparatives survey (I really wish other labs doing the same).

This is probably based on very outdated information.
At least a whole year outdated I think
AV-Test: Almost consistent "TOP PRODUCTS" (not really getting perfect scores like the others) since 2021 while only 'approved' cert prior to that year.
AV-Comparatives: "Only" scored Standard to Advanced in 2021, simply "good enough".
SE Labs: Only getting "C" in Q3 2020, a decent "B" in Q4 2020, and a good "AA" (still at the lowest rank) in Q1 2021.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
1649942470104.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.