In-depth Comparison

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From your nominations at Paid Antivirus Suite of the Year 2020 - Nominate, 5 products have been selected for the final poll phase starting today.

Compared to the Poll conducted last time, we have a new contender, F-Secure Safe.

The poll will be closed on 30th Nov 2020 and the winner revealed on 1st Dec 2020.

Do reply in this thread which product you chose and why?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**** Also please take a moment to mention the Pro's and Con's you have found in the Product that you voted for, so that it will be helpful for others while making their decision to purchase the product. ****

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
@RansomwareRemediation your reactions are a little condescending, just to clarify.
Don't mind him. He's a Bitdefender fan and reacts Haha to everything that don't praise Bitdefender or if anyone says something bad about it.
I know him. I mean I think he was banned twice from MT before for commenting condescending things. After those two bans he created another account and doesn't comment anymore and only let everyone know about his feelings with Haha reaction.
The funny thing is, I once made fun of him in a thread before his ban. Then he got embarrassed and sent me a private message with anger asking me why I made fun of him? Then I even made fun of him in private message. Lol.

Anyway, since I can choose only one product, my vote goes to Kaspersky Internet Security. Top notch protection, light on resources, great for inexperienced users as well as fantastic for advanced users because of its amazing Application Control module.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Don't mind him. He's a Bitdefender fan and reacts Haha to everything that don't praise Bitdefender or if anyone says something bad about it.
I know him. I mean I think he was banned twice from MT before for commenting condescend things. After those two bans he created another account and doesn't comment anymore and only let everyone knows about his feelings with Haha reaction.
The funny thing is, I once made fun of him in a thread. Then he got embarrassed and sent me a private message with anger asking me why I made fun of him? Then I even made fun of him in private message. Lol.

Anyway, since I can choose only one product, my vote goes to Kaspersky Internet Security. Top notch protection, light on resources, great for inexperienced users as well as fantastic for advanced users also because of its amazing Application Control module.
Yeah I noticed he put haha on some of my reviews... I think the Avast review. I was wondering what's he haha-ing about... I've put effort to compile this review and someone is just laughing on it :D

I nominate F-Secure due to rocketing improvements. Hard work deserves to be stimulated and praised with an award.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Voted for F-Secure. They really deserve the appreciation that they are receiving this year. Really lightweight, improved banking & payment protection, implementation of online scanning of malicious URLs, reworked browsing protection, enhanced protection against malicious downloads, redesigned visual improvements, new security cloud service for file and URL reputation, performance improvements and so on..

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
My vote is for Kaspersky: Solid protection all-round with many years of consistency, all of its application modules are strong and well-made, Kaspersky Lab actually does research on malware (shame on you Norton/Panda/Trend Micro) resulting in best-in-class signatures of the industry with a very low false positive rate, it has a superb emulator, robust cloud network and nowadays it is pretty light on system impact.

Even when I am not using Kaspersky it never ceases to amaze me, Kaspersky Lab for years has proved to be a top tier security vendor with true expertise, they are the gold standard of the industry and this is not a exaggeration.

Ps: Powerful signatures/heuristics combined with a low false positive rate and a "complete" emulator are the traits that marks the competence of an antivirus lab, if they dont excel in those areas they are just blacklisting every piece of unknown software hoping to provide "protection" for their users.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.