Advice Request Antivirus vs. Internet Security solutions - What do you prefer?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Antivirus vs. Internet Security solutions - What do you prefer?

• Antivirus

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Internet Security

Votes: 22 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
i like to waste my money as much as i can on this kind of stuff ( AV games )
i always buy themost complete suite of any company to test the product and customer services of the company.
i tested Kaspersky with Kaspersky TOTAL SECURITY Paid not trial
i've tested F-Secure with F-Secure SAFE Paid not trial
i've tested Dr.Web with Dr.Web Security Space Paid not trial ( my Dr.Web SS has 1000days left at the moment & idk what to do with it )
i've tested Comodo with Comodo IS Pro Paid not trial
i've tested Norton with Norton 360 Paid not trial
there was a time that i had 4 paid internet security on my hands and had to giveaway them actually cause i was lazy enough to try to sell them..
i have never tested any product with it's Trial version i don't know why but i have to buy it.
it just i can't.. pray for me..:LOL:
( having Bitdefender Premium Security (also paid) at the moment and i'm truely happy with it's services and their high priority premium support )

but beside that, it's just about preference. some people need only the main features and call the extra features like optimaztion or disk cleanup backup etc bloatware, others might care. that's it.

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
i always buy themost complete suite of any company to test the product and customer services of the company.
i've tested Dr.Web with Dr.Web Security Space Paid not trial ( my Dr.Web SS has 1000days left at the moment & idk what to do with it )
there was a time that i had 4 paid internet security on my hands and had to giveaway them actually cause i was lazy enough to try to sell them..
i have never tested any product with it's Trial version i don't know why but i have to buy it.
( having Bitdefender Premium Security (also paid) at the moment and i'm truely happy with it's services and their high priority premium support )

but beside that, it's just about preference. some people need only the main features and call the extra features like optimaztion or disk cleanup backup etc bloatware, others might care. that's it.
Feel you :LOL:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I prefer internet security suites rather than antivirus, because of the firewall. I can often do without the junk cleaning and other bloat, but it's nice to have a firewall that will alert about suspicious outgoing connections.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I used to go to shady sites when I was younger...I don't do that anymore....so an antivirus is enough protection for me. But sometimes, I still try an internet security suite..just for the fun of learning how to use it....Latest w 10, all my apps updated, good browser extensions, a VPN,a few second opinion anti malware....that's good enough protection.

Last edited:

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
One thing that people hate but I like is software updater, which is super handy to me. Better if it comes integrated to the main suite like Kaspersky and not separate software/process like Avira.

So I tend to use Internet Security/Total Security.

May 14, 2020
Internet Security suites I find are not necessary, they are more expensive than the basic AV plan, and they include tools that are not essential to security and ones that I'll never use, like I've never used a password manager, I've never used a VPN, and the built in Windows Firewall should be fine most scenarios, besides the AV is the most important part of an IS suite, the others are just extras that I'll never use, and even if I need a password manager, I'll find a free alternative, if I need a VPN, I'll use ProtonVPN.

Jeez, how much money do you have to afford spending it on the most expensive plans of each vendor?...

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think the advantage of Internet Security suites is that you don't have to think much about the compatibility of software.
But I voted for anti-AV. We are considering selection criteria as a software to assist the built-in functions of Windows.:unsure:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I don't normally like suites. (Except for exceptions)
I like to take the best, and make my own suite.
The Suites are comfortable but they do not offer you the best. The antivirus can be good, but the VPN, or the cleaner, or the firewall, are not up to it.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
i like the simple av more than the IS because it has less shields, shields that i`m not going to use ever- mail shield, im shield, pc cleaner, parental shield, password manager, anti-theft etc. these shields are taking alot of ram even if not used. i know i can install the security suite custom, but seems more relevant to me to buy the standalone av only, not the entire IS suite. i only want a clean and simple file and web shield. what is not caught by these two shields is definitely caught by hmp.alert.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Are you Richie Rich in disguise? 😄
1.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.