Question Any difference in performance and/or detection between setting detection responses from Balanced to Aggressive?

Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.

cartaphilus

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
this is what i mean

1744001602703.png
 
Yes, changing the detection response from Balanced to Aggressive in ESET can result in more potential threats being detected. However, it might also increase the chances of false positives. Performance may slightly decrease due to the additional system resources used for more intensive scanning.
 
I can not say anything about the "Potentially unsafe applications" setting since it is off in ESET for me.

But I do have the top 3 also set to aggressive, and since I started using ESET, the only times I got a warning so far is when I downloaded an update for a program that ESET does not completely trust so to speak. For instance, ESET did not allow me to install the latest update from HiBit Uninstaller before it had checked it in the cloud.

As for performance with those three set too aggressive, well for me in my desktop at least, only 10 to 11% of memory is used.
 
I would recommend setting those to Aggressive. I had like two "ML/Augur" detection in a VM that was normally not detected on Balanced settings.
But setting the last one, PUA to aggressive might detect some legitimate tools you use. So I would leave that up to you.
My PUA is set to aggressive too and if something I use is detected then I create a permanent detection exclusion for that.
 
I would recommend setting those to Aggressive. I had like two "ML/Augur" detection in a VM that was normally not detected on Balanced settings.
But setting the last one, PUA to aggressive might detect some legitimate tools you use. So I would leave that up to you.
My PUA is set to aggressive too and if something I use is detected then I create a permanent detection exclusion for that.

Thank you for the tip, will do that.
 
from our testings in regular usage there is no noticeable difference in terms of performance between aggressive and balanced but the detection is better with aggressive and we had no false positive incident , actually many tests that eset performs good , the settings are on aggressive . in eset systems i always put these on aggressive and had no bad experiences
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top