Advice Request Anybody still using Bluhell Firewall?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
After a long time Bluhell Firewall got updated again like 2 months ago. I'm thinking about adding it to Firefox again as a second layer of Adblocking besides my Adguard application for windows. It doesn't have any settings and the developer calls it very lightweight. So it's basically a "set and forget" extension. Is anybody still using it these days, and do you think that it's even a good idea to add it?
Thank you guys in advance :)!

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
For me it would be redundant to add Bluhell as you already using Adguard for Windows, Bluhell has nothing to block as all is done earlier by Adguard.
I believe the blocklist by Bluhell is the same like EasyList or it's just similar like blocking ads on DNS level. Bluhell is unable doing cosmetic filtering...

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
After a long time Bluhell Firewall got updated again like 2 months ago. I'm thinking about adding it to Firefox again as a second layer of Adblocking besides my Adguard application for windows. It doesn't have any settings and the developer calls it very lightweight. So it's basically a "set and forget" extension. Is anybody still using it these days, and do you think that it's even a good idea to add it?
Thank you guys in advance :)!
I'm using it from years as the single adblocking protection. No others similar addons on Firefox but NoScript. Such combo is enough for me and very lightweight
201228174012_1.jpg

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I'm using it from years as the single adblocking protection. No others similar addons on Firefox but NoScript. Such combo is enough for me and very lightweight
View attachment 252068
I’d love to try such a light combo too, but feel like replacing Adguard with my lifetime license isn’t a good idea either as it gives you way more options like blocking webRTC and other stuff to protect privacy within one simple program. Not worth switching i guess.

Reactions: ichito

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Yes...you are right. Features of BH aren't perhaps as wide as in AG. But you always can try :)

Reactions: Kongo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.