Advice Request Anyone know a reliable Anti-virus (free) for Fire HD 8 Tablets?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

oreoclouds

Thread author
Aug 5, 2020
As the title suggest, I'm looking for a free Anti-virus that works for Fire HD 8 (8th Gen). I've looked at the amazon app-store, but none of them look reliable. I'm trying to find a Anti-virus app that has real-time protection and scans the tablet for virus and trojans.

Side-note: I was confused on where to post this thread, since it's not a computer or a phone. But since Fire HD uses android system, I just put it in the Phone section.

Reactions: Jack and upnorth

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We’ve had some readers mention that Option One isn’t working for them, although it’s still working for us—and other readers have since reported it works for them, too. If you do encounter trouble, you should be able to get it working with the ADB method in Option Two further down that uses a Windows PC to install the Play Store.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Not needed.

Keep your system up2date, delete unused apps and only install apps from trusted source & with high reputation.

If you think your system is infected, use Android internal reset feature or if possible: flash stock image and start from scratch.

• +Reputation
Reactions: RXZ6Q and roger_m

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Top 10 testresults from a Dutch consumer organisation (November 2018).

Android antivirus.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks, I went with this method and installed malwarebytes app to scan my device. Found no threats after scanning. 👍 Now I just need to find an app on there that does real time protection (free).
What sort of RTP do you require?

Get Bitdefender Antivirus Free - Apps on Google Play
+ Scans new and existing updated apps
+ Scans storage
+ Cloud-based

- No browser protection
- No offline mode

There are browsers you can use with built-in content blockers. Such as
  • Microsoft Edge (AdBlock Plus)
  • Brave (own filters)
  • Firefox Focus (privacy filters)
  • Firefox (limited add-ons)

Reactions: RXZ6Q

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.