Advice Request AOMEI Backupper Pro 5.8 Restart/Close Lag Anyone?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I've used AOMEI Backupper Pro for a while no with no issues, however after updating to version 5.8 a few weeks ago I noticed a lag of 15 (after much investigation on everything else) seconds or more before the PC with either close or restart - I did all the usual stuff I could think of & restoring to 5.7 solved the problem totally.

I contacted support & they did say there is an issue & they are looking into it but it seems to me they tell people what they want to hear? (unimpressed) Replicated this problem on other half's laptop & on one of my sons PC - Just wondered has anyone else had this problem please? It's easy to put it down to other things I found, on my wife's lappy it's 3 seconds on 5.7 & 15 on 5.8 from running to close. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It may be a Known issue.

Did you check the Event Viewer?

It has been reported on their Forums, linked below with downloadable fix.

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
@Spawn: Thank you! - I had looked on the forums & tried the earlier fix but the latest one I hadn't seen solved the problem - Still not impressed with the support - it's about once a year I use any support, I sent them logs etc. I assume many customers with this issue don't even notice if they don't normally have a fast shutdown? It was back in June I first contacted them & lackadaisical with much flattery is a term I would use - Still fixed now, if I have another issue I'll move on - Thanks all for input! :) :) :)

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.