Advice Request AOMEI vs MiniTool - Which to buy?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

vaccineboy

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
Hi all,
Both AOMEI Backupper and MiniTool ShadowMaker are on sales right now on StackSocial at very decent prices. So if you have used them, could you give your recommendation on which one I should buy now?
I personally have not used them. But I've tried Macrium Free in the past and it was really good. But I'd like to focus only on AOMEI and MiniTool, to take advantage of this promotion.
Thank you.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
MiniTool ShadowMaker fineprint looks for me that you only get updates for version 3.x not an update from 3.x to 4. From the security forums I visit I often read people talking about macrium and aomei I rarely saw MiniTool ShadowMaker.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Hi all,
Both AOMEI Backupper and MiniTool ShadowMaker are on sales right now on StackSocial at very decent prices. So if you have used them, could you give your recommendation on which one I should buy now?
I personally have not used them. But I've tried Macrium Free in the past and it was really good. But I'd like to focus only on AOMEI and MiniTool, to take advantage of this promotion.
Thank you.
I have used both and switched to MiniTool last year as AOEMI failed on me more than once when I NEEDED a restore, it would throw up an error. Google and you will see posts about this! That is the whole point of this software! MiniTool is pretty decent and fast but the interface can be a bit confusing as to if you are backing up the FULL drive or not. And since then I have ditched both and now use TeraByte Image for Windows. It is FAST and you can mount and/or view the backup and access any file on it at any time to search or retrieve it individually! I saw a key for it on Ebay for $5 but not sure about that!

Last edited:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Lets say you chose good backup software like Acronis, Macrium, AOMEI, etc and fast does matter of course that you want to back up things and restore it you would say "i dont have any problem no error no failed" i would suggest stick with that one

for me, i'm stick with Macrium free because of fast and no error i only backup/restore system image..

why would you buy that? for what? backup system image?

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I use AOMEI Backupper Pro and it works very well for me. Although I'm using the Pro version (which I got as a giveaway), the free version works very well too.

I'm never had any issues with it, but I rarely restore the backups I make.
It was working fine for me too I thought until I did try to restore the backup! :p

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
How fast is AOMEI vs Macrium?
Impossible to say because no two machines are the same. Paid Aomei is faster than free version.
Is there any benefits to use AOMEI?
Again, this depends on the user. I just find Aomei has a more simple, intuitive GUI. But everyone has their preference. You can always try for yourself and compare.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Hello,
I'm using Macrium. With macrium it takes about 1.30 min to make full system drive backup. How fast is AOMEI vs Macrium? Is there any benefits to use AOMEI?

Kind regards,
-sepik

I am using AOMEI and Macrium right now and Macrium backup my system faster than AOMEI. Aomei takes 30 mins while Macrium takes 15 mins. Why I use both? Well just in case if one backup is no good than I have another backup to use. Since both are free why not?

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I am using AOMEI and Macrium right now and Macrium backup my system faster than AOMEI. Aomei takes 30 mins while Macrium takes 15 mins. Why I use both? Well just in case if one backup is no good than I have another backup to use. Since both are free why not?
On what size HD/files?

Reactions: DDE_Server

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello,
Yeah, my system drive image backup only takes about 1.30 min to make, so as a lazy ass, no need to do incremental/differential backups.
My latest macrium system drive image backup is only 10,6 gb in size. Using standard macrium compression method. Nvme to HDD backup i mean.
And what comes to "never defrag an SSD drive". O&O Defrag "Solid" SSD defrag actually makes your SSD/Nvme faster, dunno why, but what i've tested with CrystalDiskmark it really does that. Even after the reboot. So why not using it?
If i remember this right, @roger_m noticed that too when using o&o solid.

Kind regards,
-sepil

vaccineboy

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
Impossible to say because no two machines are the same. Paid Aomei is faster than free version.

Again, this depends on the user. I just find Aomei has a more simple, intuitive GUI. But everyone has their preference. You can always try for yourself and compare.
Yeah Macrium interface is too complicated for a non techie like me. Every time when i opened Macrium, it always took me some time to figure out what to do. Though i must admit Macrium was fast and reliable. I'll try Aomei soon.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.