App Review AppGuard (Demonstration and Reviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I used SignerExtractor (from NoVirusThanks) to see what signed software I had installed. It used to be freeware, but as with nearly all usefull apps of NVT it became shareware/payware.

Agree that default deny in user folders (plus deny execute of LoLbins for SUA) and minimal allow whitelist is the best approach for minimizing the attack surface.

I have a suspicion if cruel sister can score an App guard Lic she will be posting a cool video with tweaks. I wait with baited breath.

I have a legit question. Looking at my screenshots, what programs does a home user really need? besides Symantec or Mc cafee?
I have all but a couple deleted.

Thanks
Thre screenshots only show a part of the row titles.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

how is this? the rest listed in my version

this is what is left on my machine

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-25 050919.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-25 050919.png
    13 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 2023-02-25 051008.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-25 051008.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot 2023-02-25 051040.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-25 051040.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot 2023-02-25 052021.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-25 052021.png
    6 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: [correlate]

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
There are many protection programs that rely on whitelists that are similar in work, such as AppGuard, the only difference will be in ease of use and the availability of updates, including free and paid ones. If you search well, you may find other programs that I did not notice. I hope that this is suitable for you
-Microsoft EMET
-OSArmor
-CompleteLock InstallGuard

Reactions: dinosaur07
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

There are many protection programs that rely on whitelists that are similar in work, such as AppGuard, the only difference will be in ease of use and the availability of updates, including free and paid ones. If you search well, you may find other programs that I did not notice. I hope that this is suitable for you
-Microsoft EMET
-OSArmor
-CompleteLock InstallGuard
I have used

-Microsoft EMET
-OSArmor
I have not used -CompleteLock InstallGuard

• +Reputation
Reactions: [correlate]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.