Apple iPhone X Unveiled: Goodbye Home Button. Hello Face ID (Apple's new facial recognition)

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
I wonder why people buy Iphones... it is highly expensive, you have far less good hardware than a Android phone of the same price...not saying some crucual components are from samsung LOL

The power of branding.

Apple is fighting a war on two frontiers. On one side they have one of the best software companies fighting them (Google) on the software innovation dimension (the OS: iOs vs Android). On the hardware side they have Samsung with a clear strategy to get dominance (Samsung is world leader in NAND memory/SSD and in AMOLED screen innovation). Besides Apple using Samsung hardware in its phone (as Umbra mentions), Apple is moving to use AMOLED screens also. On top of that Samsung has phones with smaller bezels than Apple (so they are challenging Apple on looks also).

I wonder how long Apple brand management will be able to convince people that Apple is making the most innovative, good looking and easy to use smartphone.

Last edited:

Anker_by

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
One thing i still don't trust is Face ID, they need to improve more on security field, I think thats because apple sometimes they focus on products but not in security...hackers can target the DB and do whatever they want...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.