Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For Microsoft 365 Enterprise clients

"To help protect you, Office opens files from potentially unsafe locations in Application Guard, a secure container that's isolated from the device through hardware-based virtualization. When Office opens files in Application Guard, you can securely read, edit, print, and save those files without having to re-open files outside the container.

If you believe the file is safe, you can choose to open the file outside Application Guard. If your administrator has enabled Safe Documents, the file will be verified against the Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (MDATP) service to determine if it's malicious before it's opened outside Application Guard."

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I actually have Microsoft 365 Enterprise . How can I check if this feature is working?

Ah, after reading a little further:
How do I enable Application Guard?
Application Guard is currently in limited preview, and we're expanding the preview to include more customers. If you're interested in participating, please complete this form. Thank you for volunteering to participate in the preview, and we apologize if we can't enroll everyone at this time.

Reactions: harlan4096

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
In my experience, the MS Office and Windows licenses available on Ebay do not seem to be volume licenses generated by KMS hacker tools. Those KMS licenses show as "managed by organization," and these licenses don't show that designation.

Reactions: harlan4096

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
coz there is no kms hacktool involved they steal the keys from legit large companies "managed by organization" got nothing to do with windows license key it has to do with the linked work account also companies can run their own licensed windows activation servers everything at a place like this is illegal or stolen, same as ebay, everybody that says ebay licenses are legitimate they are not they are all illegal pirated or stolen noboody sells something worth 100 Euros for 2 Euros

Mod edit: Removed warez link
The MS Office licenses I have bought on Ebay belonged to organizations that are allowed to assign accounts to individuals. This is a legal grey area, as it is not possible for the buyer to determine conclusively who within the org assigned the license and if he broke a contract by doing so. Thus the legal responsibility for the infringement, if any, falls on the seller.
If you maintain that the buyer broke the law, please show us at least one case where someone who bought an MS license on Ebay was found guilty by a court of law, or was even prosecuted for the alleged offense.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.