Question Are there any userscipt that you would recommend?

Web Extensions
13 Replies 2,061 Views
Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.
Thread details
I use Web CPU Tamer

With Violentmonkey
 
Those are great choices for managing CPU usage, especially on sites like YouTube. Violentmonkey is indeed a good userscript manager. Thanks for sharing!
 
Violentmonkey will soon stop working on Chromium. :(
See issue #1934 and issue #2284 on GitHub.
The developer isn't really clear about whether he'll make a MV3 version.
I will use it for now but i have seen
 
Yes. There are some user-scripts I use in Violentmonkey in Firefox.

1. Simple YouTube Age Restriction Bypass — allows you to play age restricted videos on YouTube without signing in
2. Search Google Maps Back — Google was mad on EU for DSA and in revenge they removed Maps from search results; this user-script brings it back
3. Google Shut Up! — removes that annoying cookie prompt on Google and YouTube
4. Instagram-Pixwox redirector — Instagram restricts viewing profiles without account; this user-script solves the issue by redirecting Instagram links to Pixnoy.
 
That's why i said im bot sure,maybe it loads all at once?
I ran few 'tests'. I ran a YT 4K60 video for 5 minutes and ran Speedometer 3.1 benchmark multiple times and noted avg power consumption in HWiNFO (resetting all stats before the test) and saw negligible power usage difference between running CPU tamer and without it. Maybe I am doing tests wrong or this userscript is not working, I am not sure.

This thing is flying over my head - why bother optimizing Youtube connections, unless maybe you are in some remote location with very very poor connection speeds ?
Nothing to do with internet connection at all. Read description for the userscript.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top