Are we alone out there?

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
The title is self-explanatory and if there are intelligent/advanced forms of life, someone thought they could treat us as ... bacteria in the case of an alien invasion, destroying our civilization.
What do you think?

Besides action movies I see no reason that an advanced alien civilization would even bother to invade Earth... any resource we have may be obtained elsewhere where there are no aggressive monkeys to bother them :)

Anyway I believe alien life exists. The Universe is too big for life not to evolve somewhere else. Now I have no idea if this life is complex life or just bacteria-like life and until we find life somewhere else any discussion about it is just speculation.

Last edited:

ChemicalB

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
When we think about the form that life may take out there, we are really limited by the fact that we have knowledge only about how life has evolved to exist here on our planet, so we are affected by the fact that life is based on carbon.
Probably other forms of life, more or less evolved, will exist, but it is reasonable to think they might be totally outside our understanding.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Voted yes because i have interacted with one, it's name was @mlnevese :ROFLMAO:

Hey the fact I'm actually an alien who pretends to be a human who pretends to be an alien was supposed to be a secret! :p

I voted no. If there is something that is not how they paint it, it will be a non-intelligent type of bacterial life. Not as movies make us believe.:p

Alien bacteria would still be alien life :)

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
That depends, what you consider an alien? It could be people with advanced technology, who left the Earth thousands years ago, like Atlantis.

By the way, many reptilian statues seem to appear out of a thin at all around the world. Maybe it just like in the movie They Live?! :LOL:

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
I'm the living proof that we are not alone:p:alien:

To be serious, it would be egoistical and stupid to think that we are the only intelligent race among all these millions of galaxies. How life arrived on earth could very probably replicate on several other planets or systems, if not millions.

Last edited:

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Ultimately, even if there are other alien civilisations elsewhere in other galaxies, we'll never know about them. Everything outside of our local group of galaxies is completely out of our reach forever due to how fast the universe is expanding. It'd take literally billions of years to travel to other galaxies.
Even if there are alien civilisations in our own galaxy then, assuming we continue to explore space and have the desire to colonise our galaxy, and don't go extinct while doing so, we may never find them due to the size of the Milky Way. And if we do find alien life it not be a good thing; for all we know there's something out there that it'd be better we not discover and could actively harm us as a species.

Either way, I think the question shouldn't be "Are we alone in the universe?" but instead "How rare is complex life in the universe?" Remember that the process for life to begin hasn't been fully figured out yet and for all we know the conditions for the process to begin may be extremely complicated and rare. There could be billions of bacteria covered planets in our galaxy but none of achieved the right conditions for complex life to develop.

Or maybe we're alone. Just us in an empty, dead universe.

Last edited:

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
Ultimately, even if there are other alien civilisations elsewhere in other galaxies, we'll never know about them. Everything outside of our local group of galaxies is completely out of our reach forever due to how fast the universe is expanding. It'd take literally billions of years to travel to other galaxies.
With our technology yes, but with their technology maybe a matter of minutes:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.