Are you looking forward to Firefox with e10s ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I sure am but the only thing that will suck is so many addons breaking :(

Maybe some of your ad dons are conflicting..? Usually there are reports of certain ad-dons breaking after a new Firefox update. Sorry to hear your having trouble. :(

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Maybe some of your ad dons are conflicting..? Usually there are reports of certain ad-dons breaking after a new Firefox update. Sorry to hear your having trouble. :(

No I am not having any trouble at all right now with my addons. I am talking about in the future when Firefox 49 is released.

Reactions: frogboy

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
No I am not having any trouble at all right now with my addons. I am talking about in the future when Firefox 49 is released.
Why do you think Firefox 49 is going to do damadge to addons unlike the previous Firefox builds?

H

hjlbx

You don't need to upgrade to FF v. 49 until all the developers make stable, e10s compatible versions of their add-ons.

The vendors have enough warning time, but still, some will lag behind e10s introduction...

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
You don't need to upgrade to FF v. 49 until all the developers make stable, e10s compatible versions of their add-ons.

The vendors have enough warning time, but still, some will lag behind e10s introduction...

True but what about security related patches ?

Reactions: DardiM
H

hjlbx

True but what about security related patches ?

Use free MBAE or EMET until all your add-ons are e10s compatible.

If you use HMP.A paid or beta - or - AppGuard paid or beta - then you don't have much to worry about either.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I had a conflict between noscript and umatrix because they both blocked scripts.so one had to go! and now its runnong fine.

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
Does e10 have a power management feature? Using all cores while you're on the move can drain your battery.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Extension support for E10 of Firefox (Mutli -process introduction) is not a big issue, especially when in any future release will provide immediate compatibility.

For a casual user, they will still stick on Chromium base because of performance impact compare to Firefox.

For experience user, likely conduct a pilot test but it's quickness and responsiveness will hold a big impact either FF improve or still lack behind. Considering that will goes only on multi-process support to avoid numerous crash operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.