Are you married to any antivirus program?

I've also got this illness. I don't know how to stop, even urge to get in touch with my wife isn't so strong anymore, I'd rather buy 1yr license for Avira Pro on discount, than flowers for her. The funny thing is I don't even use Avira Pro, just for hell of it to prove myself that it's different from the Free version, but apparently its not, just included web protection.. licenses for security softs expiring, wife unhappy. I know that @NikolayfromRussia is also a collector, but hes doing it for hes forum to share licenses afterwards, he got that purpose, but I don't. It's sad that I can't change my wife to a different one like I can security products in VMware snapshots. Just sticking with the Windows Defender on my host at the end of the day, when VMware playground is shutdown.

angry-wife.jpg

Uh-Oh... you better run !

Unsatisfied wife has her eye on you.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Was a die hard ESET guy for many years, until Windows 10. Started to have some issues and they have been slow to fix bugs lately. So, been switching between KIS and Norton (with short stints of WD). I used to collect just about everyone out there and do testing with each. No time for that anymore. I recently went back to Norton after having some issues with KIS. However, if Norton starts to crap out on me not sure what I will do. Maybe just stick with Windows Defender. We shall see how good it gets after the Fall Creators Update.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Nope. Not at all. I will use whatever does not kill my system performance and offers decent protection at the same time. Around 2012/2013 Kaspersky slowed my system down to a crawl so I decided it was time to change. That's when I went to EMSIsoft for a time but when Windows 10 came out they had serious trouble with their firewall. Got a 90 day trial of Bitdefender but it bugged in my system in such a way I had to go into safe mode to be able to remove it. Around two years ago I read that Kaspersky had solved their performance issues so I downloaded a trial and a few days later bought a license.

Last edited:

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Same here, I totally agree with You Trooper,
just not 14 years, but kudos to You for 14 years! :)
I used to love NOD32 v1 and v2 and felt like it went slowly dowhill for them after this.
Now it just bothers me with their Robo-AI-Mania, it just feels for me like they have lost their soul... :/
It's sad for me, but I actually still believe that Eset makes solid security solutions, no doubt!

Totally agree man! Like I have mentioned here I have been switching between KIS and NS. Currently just using NS. However if WD keeps getting better and especially after the Fall Creators Update, I just may stick with that!

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Seems like I am slowly and steadily getting married to FeatherSoft,
it just elevates me and makes me truly feel worthy.
It reminds me in a modern way of the good old days of NOD32 and makes
me feel secure.
I love FeatherSofts HIPS! <3

Never heard of it. Tis good?

Reactions: MWNu72

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Married, never:p. Dating yup. But now I am on detox. No AV for me currently (only Cruel Comodo), as the laptop is a bit underpowered and AVs are a bit notorious for being sucking all the power for themselves.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Nope, no bloatware. It's a win 10 pro clean installation with only essential programs installed and I usually don't install any new programs. So, No realtime AV for me as everything unknown will be run inside Comodo containment with restricted access. On demand scanners sure.
Edit: I said underpowered because it uses a low powered A6-6310 APU (just like all those Ultra low powered Intel CPUs, "U"-suffixed), which is great for battery backup but not so much for raw power.

Last edited:
Reactions: jadinolf and MWNu72

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
after a long steady relationship , turning into a stormy marriage for 5-6 years I devorced my highschool sweetheart AVG , nowwadays I am always keeping my eye out for my future (ex ) mrs.Trickster ;) tried lots of other vendors.....but nothing gives me the same feeling like AVG.....currently running avast free....

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.