Are you married to any antivirus program?

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Hello,
I tend to be married, but last monthes were a bit messy.

I met my first partner at my job. Her name was McAfee. She taught me the basics and I stay with her during perhaps 10 years.
(I continue to see her at my office everyday ! embarrassing...)

One day I met a younger one. You know, that kind of girl with red lipstick. Her name was Avira. She was performant, so I stay with her during another 10 years.

But with age she becomes fat (but I saw her last week, she seems to have lost weight !)

At this time, I met a chinese girl, named 360tse, and after that, her sister 360ts :p

But after one or two month, I went with an old lady called Bitdefender.
I'm with her today, but I don't think it will be for a super long time.

I have an old friend, she looks at my adventures with a smile sometimes. She is patient, I think she knows that one day, I will realize that the best choice is to be with her. Her initials are MSFT. She knows that I'm not the kind of man to stay alone...

PS: sorry for the comparison with girls, it's due to the tittle of the thread. I'm not sexist (hmmm... I think I'm not... I hope I'm not... maybe I am :oops: sorry !)

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I was an eset fanboy for many years. Now I use a Norton Security almost for a year. I could get a norton 2 year license that's why I switched to Norton. Moreover last time it is not easy to find a long term license for eset

Last edited:

Axelrod Sven

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 11, 2016
The most catchy title I've ever seen in my time on here. If I have to say it though, you could say I'm in the Tinder phase of trying Security Software. The ones that I right swipe don't always right swipe me back; not all the ones I match with have made me happy... I have gotten Super-liked by some, but I don't really like them... I'm going to spend the next few months swiping through stuff. And maybe that's why I'm on MalwareTips. To find out what's worth right swiping.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I can't keep an av more than 3-4 months on my system.
I want to try others to see if they perform better.
But i think that i will stick with EAV because it's the lightest on my old system
and with a few tweaks it also gives me the level of protection i want.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I was just curious because I was introduced to ESET NOD32 about 4 years ago and I like it so much that I have no intention of changing to anything else. It works for me out-of -the box and I will stick with it, probably forever.
Anyone have similar feelings about your favorite programs?
Just checking.

Fortigate on my network - married to that really. It won't ever change other than newer models - since about 5 years ago.

AV's I tend to change fairly often until settling on one and riding that one for years. Avira and Nod32 were the longest AV's I used consistently, about 5 years for each over a decade. Prior to that Norton for about 5 years, then Panda for a couple years because I worked with their labs on some stuff. Since then I've wallowed around a good bit and haven't stuck with anything for more than a few months for a variety of reasons. (FP's, Compatibility Issues, Bugs, Slowdowns, whatever) Hopefully that will settle down soon and I will pick one for the long haul.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Marry a program ???. No. Because they do not marry anyone and are sold to the highest bidder, if I have preferences with some because they consume little eg Comodo Firewall with the Cs configuration. and no virus thanks

Claw

Level 1
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
I tried Panda Free but it wasn't what I thought it would be, then I went to Avast Free and kept that for about a year or so then moved on to Bitdefender Free about 2 years ago and have stayed with it ever since without any problems at all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.