Are you married to any antivirus program?

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

@MWNu72 She is an atheist, I am half christian. There's not much I can do, we are completely different persons. When i told her to lose some weight because I am not attracted to her anymore, she exploded. She is just not the person anymore I used to know. There's too much to say without wiping tears. Thanks for inspirational words, but there are times, when you understand your love-life going down the sh1ter and you just have to let it go and move on in life.. like I do wasting money on Avira and trash it after few days, lol ;):D

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Edit: I said underpowered because it uses a low powered A6-6310 APU (just like all those Ultra low powered Intel CPUs, "U"-suffixed), which is great for battery backup but not so much for raw power.
It's about the same speed as the 2nd gen i3 in my main laptop, and I'm very happy with the performance. I use Panda Global Protection as my antivirus, and barely notice any performance impact. Quite a few antiviruses causes very noticeable slowdowns, but there are several antivirus which are extremely light, and don't slow down my computer.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I've used many different free and paid antiviruses over the years, and there have been many times when I've used zero realtime security software. I've never been too attached to any one product. I get bored with using the same product all the time and I also like to try different antiviruses.

But, having said that, I've been using Panda products for the last 7 months and have been very happy so far. I may actually stick with it for a while, as these days, I find it really hard to find an antivirus which suits my needs. At the start of the year when I was looking for something to replace Tencent PC Manager, I tried over 60 antiviruses and Panda was my favourite, with Avast being not too far behind, and nothing else really stood out. If not for that, I'd probably keep switching antiviruses regularly.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
after a long steady relationship , turning into a stormy marriage for 5-6 years I devorced my highschool sweetheart AVG , nowwadays I am always keeping my eye out for my future (ex ) mrs.Trickster ;) tried lots of other vendors.....but nothing gives me the same feeling like AVG.....currently running avast free....
Avg & Avast are basically twin so.....;)

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Nope, I switch them if they become too heavy on my system performance or if they become too buggy.

On the other hand, when it comes to second opinion scanners, Malwarebytes and I are in an almost a decade long relationship. I've been having some doubts lately and started to spice things up with few other scanners (I'm watching at you HitmanPro, you're my new sweetheart :cool:), but I'm not ready to let it go yet. We used to have such a good time together. :oops:

Last edited:

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
I tried different ones in the past but always came back to KIS / KTS as it serves most of my needs
I tried Avast, AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, Emsisoft, Eset, F-Secure, etc. and found Eset and Kaspersky is great. I love them, but since my Eset license and my Kaspersky trial had expired, I switched to Avast and then found a Bitdefender Giveaway and install it and it running flawlessly even on an old celeron processor. Now, I'm satisfied about Bitdefender, all of them. Except the Bugs(WSC reports that Bitdefender is turned off) even in their 2018 version the bugs is still coming, hope they will fixed it it immediatly :D

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
AppCheck has been my religion since I discovered it. I think the way it quickly backs up files when it detects that they are being mass deleted or encrypted and then restores them after deleting the malware is the future. I think that post-breach detection and deletion of malware is really the future since almost all malware can pass by antiviruses these days.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I'll never understand fanboism regarding security software or even hardware actually. I'm currently using Kaspersky. If someone pointed me to a dangerous bug that put my security at risk I would check the information and if it was true I would change my security until a patch is issued, when I would return to Kaspersky, as I have an active license and do not like to throw my money in the trash :) I would never go to a public forum to say Kaspersky is the best, ignoring he issues and saying all the competitors are trash without even testing them...

And when renewal time arrives in December next year. I'll check what is available. I have small kids at home and I am actually considering a more automatic suite. Maybe I'll switch to Bitdefender if it is less buggy than the last time I tested it. I've read good things about autopilot mode...

D

Deleted member 178

All fanboys have a common point : Ego , they praised and bragged about the security software so much that admitting it has a flaw will put their credibility on edge and lower their reputation, so they can't let it happen.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.