Advice Request Are you using an 64-bit OS?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using an 64-bit OS?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 21043

I've always used Windows. I started with Windows, and I sure will end with it ;)
I've always been a mix of 32-bit and 64-bit. My first Desktop was 32-bit and I had it for 3 years (well it was a shared family PC). Then it broke and I got a personal netbook which was awful, again 32-bit and I had it for 2 years. So that is 5 years of 32-bit, but, during those 5 years my dad got a 64-bit laptop which I used a lot and it's still running all these years later. Now I have a 64-bit laptop.

I have ran into compatibility problems with programs running 64-bit in the past. But not recently.

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurisutofa

Sep 7, 2013
I've been using 64-bit for years now without any issue. I would say most computers sold today, if not all come with 64-bit systems. I work at Office Depot and that's all we sell in our computers.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
My family desktop was Windows Vista 32-bits. I think we had it for more than 6 years.

Right now I have laptop that came with Windows 8 64-bits(now upgraded to 8.1). Had it for 1-2 years

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For my oldie desktop which is an XP SP3 32bit, no budget from that time to purchase a new one to another architecture.

My laptop: Using 64 bit for 2 years ( Windows 8.1)

I

illumination

I have used both over time, but the last 6 years has been 64bit.
Have used:
Windows xp 32 bit
Windows vista 32 & 64 bit
Windows 7 64 bit
Windows 8 & 8.1 64 bit

Now Linux 64 bit....

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Using 64bit with the laptop since I purchased this January. No Issues ever faced :')

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
Using 64bit. Desk top, and running Ubuntu 14.10 for a few months now, and so far really liking it and no troubles so far.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.