Are you using an 64-bit OS?

• Total voters
Bundled with PUP
None
64 bit all around. If you are taking the OSCP exam they recommend using their 32 bit OS but it can be done with 64. Really they both will do just fine for everyday use but if you use lots of RAM you have to go with 64... also if 32bit apps start to phase out and are replaced with 64 then the 32bit gang will get left out

Andytay70

Level 14
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
Been using x64bit for almost 6 years, reason being when i bought my Laptop it came with a 32bit OS and i checked out my spec and my laptop was capable of running x64 bit so i did a clean install and chose x64.
Why PC/Laptop manufacturers dont check this first?:confused:

Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avira
I stayed with 32-bit until last year. Finally stepped up to 64-bit with Windows 10 because my hardware was x64 capable. It did require a clean install from Windows 7 to upgrade the bit level, but was worth it. Was also a good opportunity to increase the RAM!

It seems that some developers are dropping support for 32-bit applications as they roll out new versions in 64-bit only. Having a 64-bit OS is win/win, because you can run both types of applications!

Cast

Level 1
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
the programs force us to use a 64-based system. Another reason would be the physical components of the. computer for good performance

show-Zi

Level 14
Verified
Operating System
Windows 7
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I had a premonition that it would likely invest additional in RAM, so I chose 32 bit Windows 7 to limit my desire. If you stack 4 GB, you do not have a way to escape even if you feel stress.:LOL:

...Premonition of 32bit complete defeat:cry: