Advice Request Are you using an 64-bit OS?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using an 64-bit OS?

• Total voters

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
64 bit all around. If you are taking the OSCP exam they recommend using their 32 bit OS but it can be done with 64. Really they both will do just fine for everyday use but if you use lots of RAM you have to go with 64... also if 32bit apps start to phase out and are replaced with 64 then the 32bit gang will get left out

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
I stayed with 32-bit until last year. Finally stepped up to 64-bit with Windows 10 because my hardware was x64 capable. It did require a clean install from Windows 7 to upgrade the bit level, but was worth it. Was also a good opportunity to increase the RAM!

It seems that some developers are dropping support for 32-bit applications as they roll out new versions in 64-bit only. Having a 64-bit OS is win/win, because you can run both types of applications!

Cast

Level 1
Verified
Feb 13, 2018
the programs force us to use a 64-based system. Another reason would be the physical components of the. computer for good performance

Reactions: jadinolf

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I had a premonition that it would likely invest additional in RAM, so I chose 32 bit Windows 7 to limit my desire. If you stack 4 GB, you do not have a way to escape even if you feel stress.:LOL:

...Premonition of 32bit complete defeat:cry:

Reactions: jadinolf and Cast

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.