Advice Request Are you using DNS over HTTPS? - Test using Cloudflare Browsing Security Check

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using DNS over HTTPS?

• Yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Yes with Encrypted SNI

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I have just switched to Quad9 for Windows and apps. UltraDNS does not seem to offer free version anymore, while DNS servers still work, it is only a matter of time till they shut them down or limit the usage. Not to mention the lack of DoH (for the upcoming Windows). Quad9 is for me faster than #1.

View attachment 242305

Quad9 supposedly supports ESNI, if you can trust this recent, but nameless comment. 😅

They do. I got this on FF with Quad9 DOH, which is my preferred provider:
Cloudflare ESNI Checker Cloudflare 20200606.png

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Guys, there is an other way to test if you have DoH or DoT enabled (for Cloudflare DNS). 1.1.1.1/help will give you some additional information, like the data center you've been connected to and if you're reaching their IPv6 DNS servers.
This one is better for knowing connected server ip and location:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I'm running NextDNS and yes, using DoT & DoH. But traffic goes neighbor country. Response time 10ms, sometimes 9ms. That's not bad. 😕
Sometimes running Pi-Hole with my RPi Zero WH.

View attachment 242329
View attachment 242328
Hi, NextDNS gives every user an almost identical yet unique ip address. Your NextDNS serer ip address is connected to your account only if I'm not wrong. So, you shouldn't share your NextDNS ip address in public places. You should hide the ip before posting such screenshots.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.