Advanced Security Aries91 Security Configuration

Last updated
Apr 26, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time protection
Bitdefender Internet Security
Device firewall
Custom security settings
Autopilot (Bitdefender)
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Windows defender periodic scanning
hitmanpro
malwarebytes
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
ublock origin;
onetab;
https everywhere;
cclick &clean
malwarebytes browser guard
DuckDuckGo
Secure DNS
cloudflare DNS
Desktop VPN
none
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
ccleaner; wisecleaner
File and photo backups
Google drive; backup to external hard disk
System recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup Free
Usage and exposure
    • Working from home
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
Notable changes
changed google dns with cloudflare dns (26/4/22)
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Hi this is my last computer security configuration for this years.
Do you think my pc is safe enought or is there a lack of anything?
Any suggestion to complete or make it stronger?
Consider switching to another DNS provider like Quad9, NextDNS or Cloudflare for malicious site blocking. Also, most browsers have the option to force HTTPS by itself now. No need for HTTPS Everywhere anymore.

Read this: HTTPS Is Actually Everywhere
 
Consider switching to another DNS provider like Quad9, NextDNS or Cloudflare for malicious site blocking. Also, most browsers have the option to force HTTPS by itself now. No need for HTTPS Everywhere anymore.

Read this: HTTPS Is Actually Everywhere
As concern DNS I tested a lot of them on dnsbenchmark, ,googledns seems to be the fastest, this is the only reasons I choiced google.
Anyway I try to test the one's you suggest to me.
 
As concern DNS I tested a lot of them on dnsbenchmark, ,googledns seems to be the fastest, this is the only reasons I choiced google.
Anyway I try to test the one's you suggest to me.
If google DNS works best for you, then stick with it. But if you don't seem to find any downsides with the other DNS servers compared to google, then it's worth switching. There are better alternatives privacy- and security-wise. :)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top