+uBlock Origin
System recovery
Macrium Reflect

artoor

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 27, 2012
Let me suggest Ccleaner and Privazer, work very well together in cleaning your computer
Thank you Sr. Normal. Yes I use CCleaner now and then however Sandboxie container is cleaned everytime I close Firefox - so I assume Privazer wouldn't have a lot to do :)

Reactions: Sr. Normal
H

hjlbx

Hello artoor,

Default-Deny (AppGuard Lock-Down Mode) + Windows Firewall Control config verifies you are advanced user.

Only someone with experience would choose that combo.

That is a really nice combo.

Reactions: artoor

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No more questionnable configuration because that's a solid configuration already, as long maintained and well configired then its case closed. :)

artoor

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 27, 2012
Guys, considering my configuration what do you think about EMET. Will it bring my security to an upper level? Any pros and cons?

Reactions: frogboy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Guys, considering my configuration what do you think about EMET. Will it bring my security to an upper level? Any pros and cons?
Just keep your OS and software updated. You use SBIE so you should be safe if used correctly.

If you have a paid HitmanPro license, the currently in testing, HMP.Alert 3 will include Exploit Mitigation.

Why not downgrade to SpyShelter Premium?
View Comparison Chart: https://www.spyshelter.com/download-spyshelter/

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Might i suggest Aomei Backupper free version as an alternative. It is very reliable. :)

artoor

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 27, 2012
Just keep your OS and software updated. You use SBIE so you should be safe if used correctly.

If you have a paid HitmanPro license, the currently in testing, HMP.Alert 3 will include Exploit Mitigation.

Why not downgrade to SpyShelter Premium?
View Comparison Chart: https://www.spyshelter.com/download-spyshelter/
HitmanPro.Alert 3 sounds very reasonably in comparison with EMET - thanks :)
I guess there is no difference between SpyShelter Premium and SpyShelter Firewall but the firewall module (that I've actually disabled) - that is why I let it be as it is ;)

Might i suggest Aomei Backupper free version as an alternative. It is very reliable. :)
Thank you frogboy. AX64 TM works fine so far - if I encounter any inconvenience I'll take your suggestion under consideration :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

For EMET, this tool is really in-depth hardening tool, you will notice this if using such program like analyzing the processes (via Process Explorer) if encountered an vulnerability attack on a browser or PDF Reader and not easily detect by a naked eye user.

Alternately this exploits can be prevented by following program like MBAE (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.