Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker 1.0.7

1515661635_spectre_meltdown_checker.jpg

Glaring security holes in all modern processors named Meltdown and Spectre have recently made the headlines. With Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker, you can determine at the click of a button whether their systems are vulnerable. The program uses a Microsoft-based check that would usually require complex inputs and configuration work before you'd see results. Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker does it for you and checks both potential attack vectors. If your system is affected, the program will offer further information on how to protect your computer.

If you receive an error that Powershell is missing, you’ll have to do things the hard way and enter everything manually. See here for details.

The program requires no registration or installation to work and is free.

Download: Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker 1.0.7 | 690 KB (Freeware)
View: Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker Website

V

viel

Same here bro..

Same here too...
A very nice share, thank you so much. :)

Same here! I am okay for Meltdown but not Spectre, what should we do? I updated my PC.The BIOS firmware for my motherboard that I can see on the manufacturers site is from 2014, my motherboard is old. :/

Seriously, what should we do? Should we use our PC at all until Microsoft does something? What about the casual users that have no idea this is even going on, Microsoft should really release a second patch ASAP.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Same, what should we do?

I gues there is not much we can do about it. However I'd like to see what makes my system Meltdown protected and Spectre vulnerable. I have all latest windows 10 security updates installed, I don't want to think that it may be due to me not installing latest Nvidia drivers which should come with some security updates, but didn't hear they were about spectre or meltdown.

Last edited:
V

viel

I gues there is not much we can do about it. However I'd like to see what makes my system Meltdown protected and Spectre vulnerable. I have all latest windows 10 security updates installed, I don't want to think that it maybe due to me not installing latest Nvidia drivers which should come with some security updates, but didn't hear they were about spectre or meltdown.

If you find out, let us know. ;)(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.