Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker 1.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plat1098

I'm not going to take that huge hit on the performance of my NVME drives because of paranoia. I paid good money for that speed.

I can definitely understand this, it's a genuine dilemma. Me? Instead of closing my mind completely, I'm going to watch from the sidelines for once instead of diving in right away. I'm satisfied Spectre isn't a looming threat at the moment. The Meltdown issue is resolved so I bought myself some time with these potential threats.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
That program ran fine at first but when I tried to run it in shadow mode, it hung.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I'm starting to believe I'll need to call the Ghostbusters to get rid of this Spectre... as nearly everybody else, protected from Meltdown but vulnerable to Spectre...

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I have the Windows update and the Microcode update through VMware Microcode Update Driver, still vulnerable to Spectre.
muqv8gt.jpg

HP will release BIOS updates for enterprise computers by Jan 24 (some are already up) and all end users by Feb 9, 2018. But they keep moving the deadline. Yesterday it was saying Feb 15. It appears they're more optimistic that they can get them out sooner. Definitely check this place first and by god don't flash something that is not specifically for your model.
HPSBHF03573 rev. 3 - Side-Channel Analysis Method | HP® Customer Support

D

Deleted member 178

We are talking here about vulnerabilities:

- Vulnerabilities are abused by malware.
- Malware come into your system all the time by the same vectors (emails , websites, downloads, networks shares), they don't teleport magically in your drives and execute by themselves.
- Use a solution that monitors those vectors and you are safe.

Nothing changed since years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.