Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker 1.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viel

I think the result is the same for everyone :unsure:
2SgwwCG.png
We need a patch. Microsoft, we are depending on you!!!

V

viel

This utility relies on PowerShell, and it will download and extract: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.c...e36f0050/file/185258/1/SpeculationControl.zip

If PowerShell is disabled, the utility won't work and will likely continue checking for eternity until you close the program and re-start it after enabling PowerShell temporarily.

Thanks for sharing!
I won't use this because I have no idea what this means, but I am sure other people will find this helpful.

Thanks again. (y)

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Same here! I am okay for Meltdown but not Spectre, what should we do? I updated my PC.The BIOS firmware for my motherboard that I can see on the manufacturers site is from 2014, my motherboard is old. :/

Seriously, what should we do? Should we use our PC at all until Microsoft does something? What about the casual users that have no idea this is even going on, Microsoft should really release a second patch ASAP.

Calm down dude lol nothing happened, we are waiting for the news i think they are working on it i dont know when, me too my motherboard is old i updated some drivers and GPU. and no Bios :(
I updated all programs hope everything is ok.

Where can I Dw the patch for Spectre?!does updating the bios solve the problem? Gigabyte didnt offer any update lol.
Is there going to be bios update for Meltdown/Spectre ? | GIGABYTE USA Forum

Ah i guess is it needed update bios for Spectre?

DavidLMO

Level 4
Verified
Dec 25, 2017
It is going to take some time for Spectre according to many, many sites. Also the chance of getting hit by a Spectre malware is ~ Zero - again from numerous articles. This is also due to the differences between what Meltdown and Spectre do.

V

viel

Yes
Don't worry, it's nothing bad. The utility works well. It eases checking so the user doesn't have to deal with PowerShell commands themselves and outputs the results with a fancy UI.
I know, but it's to technical for me... :/

Reactions: AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.