Asus announces an unreasonably fast 802.11ax gaming router

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
It’s still early days for the next generation of Wi-Fi, but Asus is getting a head start. The company has announced three upcoming routers that all support the new standard — dubbed 802.11ax — for delivering faster Wi-Fi, and they’re all supposed to arrive sometime this fall.

The announcements are headlined by a Republic of Gamers-branded model, the ROG Rapture GT-AX11000, which looks like it came out of a Halo level and includes a literal “Turbo Key” you can press to speed things up. This router has some incredible theoretical speeds that speak to what 802.11ax is capable of: it has a single 2.4GHz band that’s supposed to reach speeds of 1148Mbps, and it has two 5GHz bands that are each supposed to reach 4804Mbps. There’s also a 2.5Gbps Ethernet port.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
That's a multiverse level headstart. Too bad we don't get those speeds from ISP unless you make a home inside ISP's office.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Great.. Buy a useless piece of gear today, for use in 10 years, but by 10 years it will be a useless piece of junk? ASUS have lost their marbles.

2.5Gb ethernet ports? Congratulations, nothing can connect to it.

PS: I'd bet it has the same mediocre dual core ARM as their other product offerings that cannot even properly push 1000Mbps without CPU spiking and throttling. I will bet because I know ASUS consistently does things like this and allows marketing dweebs to determine their product offerings.

Reactions: Vasudev

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.