Advice Request ASUS Mobo and TPM -- Windows 11 compliant?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
My custom-built desktop is about a year old and has a ASUS PRIME B365M-A motherboard.
I can't find any TPM setting in the firmware menu.
Is there a way to enable TPM 2 on this Mobo, so it will be Windows 11 compliant?
If not, what do I need to buy, and where is it sold?
The ASUS site talks about this component:
But it is sold out on Amazon and Newegg. Is this what I need, or what?

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If yours is an INTEL mobo then look for PTT setting in the BIOS. INTEL calls TPM as PTT (Platform Trust Technology)
Like I said in the title and again in the text, it is an ASUS Mobo.

Reactions: Nevi

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
To enable PTT go in the BIOS: Advanced --> PCH-FW Configuration

Do see any option to enable PTT in there?
You're the Man!
That was it. It had two options:
Enable discrete TPM
Enable firmware TPM

The second option was what I needed. Now the PC health check tool says I am ready for Windows 11.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Like I said in the title and again in the text, it is an ASUS Mobo.
ASUS (like MSI, GIGA, INTEL etc) are manufacturers of mobos. They'll either manufacture mobos as INTEL or AMD (not for INTEL) to cater for INTEL/AMD CPUs

Other mobo manufacturers are here

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
ASUS (like MSI, GIGA, INTEL etc) are manufacturers of mobos. They'll either manufacture mobos as INTEL or AMD to cater for INTEL/AMD CPUs

Other mobo manufacturers are here

This ASUS Mobo is for INTEL CPUs. But the firmware calls it "TPM"

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Congrats on finding it, shmu26! Now you don't have to spend 75 USD--not even a penny. Same thing for my ASUS Prime--the TPM wasn't in the usual places you'd look nor was it coming up in an advanced search. I'd ordered a hardware one anyway but it was 16 USD--not scalper's pricing.

I would celebrate this victory. ✨💥💫🍸

lovehungryman

Level 2
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
My custom-built desktop is about a year old and has a ASUS PRIME B365M-A motherboard.
I can't find any TPM setting in the firmware menu.
Is there a way to enable TPM 2 on this Mobo, so it will be Windows 11 compliant?
If not, what do I need to buy, and where is it sold?
The ASUS site talks about this component:
But it is sold out on Amazon and Newegg. Is this what I need, or what?
It is the same component I have been looking at. UEFI has not option to check if TPM is enabled, all I know that my AMD Asus PC has a slot for TPM but it has not those pins sticking out as in the picture below. Are they needed? if so what's name and where to get them in order to install the TPM component as I have seen on some pictures and videos on the net. I am sorry guys but if anyone can direct me with this, thanks!
Asus (2).jpg

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It is the same component I have been looking at. UEFI has not option to check if TPM is enabled, all I know that my AMD Asus PC has a slot for TPM but it has not those pins sticking out as in the picture below. Are they needed? if so what's name and where to get them in order to install the TPM component as I have seen on some pictures and videos on the net. I am sorry guys but if anyone can direct me with this, thanks!View attachment 259491
See post 5

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It is the same component I have been looking at. UEFI has not option to check if TPM is enabled, all I know that my AMD Asus PC has a slot for TPM but it has not those pins sticking out as in the picture below. Are they needed? if so what's name and where to get them in order to install the TPM component as I have seen on some pictures and videos on the net. I am sorry guys but if anyone can direct me with this, thanks!
Is the UEFI setting set to 'advanced mode'? Otherwise, you wouldn't see the item that sets the TPM. There should have been a place to switch between simple mode and advanced mode at the bottom.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.