Attacked by Cryptolocker and my files are encrypted

Harsha Vardhan

Thread author
Oct 16, 2016
Hi,

Need your help. I was attacked by Cryptolocker yesterday and all my files are encrypted.

I have anyway quarantined the malware with Windows Defender. My Windows version is 10. But I had not set any restore point, so 'Shadow Explorer' could not help either.

The ransomware type is 'Tescrypt.D'. Please also find the same in the attached screenshot.

Also, I have 'HELP_DECRYPT' png and html files in 'My documents', AppData. The txt version of that file has been removed by the defender though.

Thank You
Harsha Vardhan

Attachments

• Ransomware_Quarantined_Screenshot.png
    Ransomware_Quarantined_Screenshot.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 22
  • HELP_DECRYPT.PNG
    HELP_DECRYPT.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Harsha Vardhan

Thread author
Oct 16, 2016
Hi again,

Following the preparation guide, I ran 'Farbar Recovery Scan Tool'. Please find the reports attached.

Also, just to let you know, I've already tried the following decryptor tools, but to no avail.

rakhnidecryptor
TeslaDecoder
TeslacryptDecryptor 1.0.1569 MUI
RansomwareFileDecryptor 1.0.1646 MUI
rannohdecryptor

I'll be looking forward for your help.

Thank You
Harsha Vardhan

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    208.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    70.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:

Harsha Vardhan

Thread author
Oct 16, 2016
Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

I ran a few recovery tools, and was able to recover a few files (about 5GB out of 100GB). The tools I ran are - Orion, Photorec and Pandora.

Please let me know if this gives you any idea of a possibility to recover my files.

Thank You
Harsha Vardhan

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.