Advice Request Audio issues with several browsers - tested audio recording and playback.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

mtbboy1993

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 31, 2021
Web browser testing Dec 2021 on
dict.cc

Brave Versjon 1.33.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.110 (Offisiell delversjon) (64-bit):
Sometimes I can't record audio, so when I try to publish the recording, I get an error saying the file size is too small
audio recordings are ruined by static noise.
But playing recordings works well, no annoying sound at the end.
Audio volume is too low because the audio volume is turned down for the browser so to have to bring it up in volume control in windows.

Vivaldi 5.0.2497.32 (Stable channel) (64-biters)
audio recordings are ruined by static noise.
Audio volume is too low because the audio volume is turned down for the browser so to have to bring it up in volume control in windows.

Chrome Versjon 96.0.4664.110 (Offisiell delversjon) (64-bit)
Can't record audio.

Edge Versjon 96.0.1054.62 (Offisiell build) (64-biters):
I get static in audio recording, bad quality audio.

Firefox 95.0.2 (64-bit)
A horrible sound at every recording I listen to. I have weird sound at the end of youtube videos too
But i can record audio fine, no issues with audio quality, no static, or horrible noises.

mtbboy1993

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 31, 2021
I forgot to add that even if I turn up the volume for Brave in the windows audio control. I the volume is still too low on the recording I made in Brave, but the volume on the recordings recorded in Firefox is the same in all browsers. but but recording in Brave is a bit lower, but in horrible quality. I've listened and recorded in both browsers to test this.

mtbboy1993

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 31, 2021
Just tested Chome Version 96.0.4664.110 64Bit now I can record audio, but windows volume thing, had the volume turned down for some reason, seems to be a bug in windows, but I turned it up but when I click play after recording before I publish the volume is silly low. but not once it's published, only when I listen to to after recording, this was the case in the other chromium browsers too. So not being able to record in Chrome is fixed now. seems like it was a bug in Chrome. Audio recordings are in high quality now too, no weird sounding voice.

mtbboy1993

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 31, 2021
It got updated to Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71 (Offisiell delversjon) (64-bit), the audio is bad again, white noise, but my voice does not sounds like I am whispering awkward, but there is a spark at the end.

Reactions: harlan4096

mtbboy1993

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 31, 2021
Just to be sure I tested all browsers I have audio sounds great in all of them apart from Firefox having weird sound at the end.

Audio sound perfect in:
Chrome 97.0.4692.71 (64-bits)
Opera 82.0.4227.43 (64-bits)
Microsoft Edge 96.0.1054.62 (64-bits)
Brave Chromium 97.0.4692.71 (64-bits)
Vivaldi 5.0.2497.32 (Stable channel) (64-bits)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.