Advice Request AV/internet security recommendation

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

R19933

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 31, 2023
Hi all, looking for your AV recommendations, currently i'm running ESET on my laptop/media server, but the additional features cause it to be sluggish sometimes combined with some false positives i'm looking for a light non replacement since the license expires soon.
Current shortlist is:
- Bitdefender
- ESET renew (if everything else is heavier)
- Gdata
My priority is set & forget and light on system resources, combined with good protection since i'm downloading quite a lot.

Other recommendations are welcome and would love to hear your experiences with them, currently not considering Kaspersky since i've heard alot of companies / countries are not using it anymore, i'm afraid it will hurt Kaspersky in the longer run.

Reactions: Dave Russo

BSONE

Level 1
Feb 17, 2024
Latest Norton test on this forum was a bad one though, let through some trojans :(.
Norton is a very solid product, and generally consistent across reviews. That does not mean that that it is infallible though.
Norton will soon start integrating features from Avast to make their product even better.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.