Source.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Good job, ZD! Thanks.
Nice to see my free for a year F-Secure up at the top of the list.
Also, take a look at the pitiful job MSE did.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Microsoft is just getting obliterated, and Bit Defender still keeping up at the top congrats to them :)

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
I think Bitdefender's absolute best feature is it's web protection, it really is something else.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Should I not use MSE/WD?

(Trick question)

FreddyFreeloader said:

KelvinW4

Level 1
May 8, 2012
I would think Smartscreen + Windows Defender should still suffice if you dont go through risky browsing.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Earth said:
Should I not use MSE/WD?

(Trick question)

FreddyFreeloader said:
I sleet better with Avast 8, and now F-Secure on patrol. Those MSE results should be better considering how many others did a good job. Use your best judgment and make the call. Either that or Trick or Treat.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
MSE doesn't suprise me... I still see people with infections running MSE.
Its great that its very user friendly but its also very basic with only a sig' engine that relies on SmartScreen which leaves Non-Win8 users in the dark since Chrome and Firefox is gaining marketshare over IE by the day and UAC which a lot of casual users ignore the UAC warning and don't quite understand it and will hit allow regardless.

xpressive

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2013
MSE was getting worse and worse, wonder if they can survive in this business?

btw, it's great adding WD in windows 8 as default protection, make it better than nothing.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks for the post :) BitDefender always a good performer there! Is anyone using BIS/BAV and do not experience a slowdown during internet sessions..? I still experience a slowdown here..

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
JasonX - I experienced big slowdown in browsing speed with BDAV+, I also experienced significant boot time slowdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.