Avast! 7 free with Comodo firewall

Do you like the Avast 7 Free + COMODO Firewall combo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
malwarekiller said:
You mean behaviour shield?? yes i know that...but i dont call it a bloat..it works on ask...and sandbox is still being worked upon...and filerep does work..i have got a few alerts from it when messing up on malc0de:shy:

Don't assume. I wasn't referring to the Behaviour Shield, Sandbox or FileRep. Those are key points for Avast, to (or try to) prevent unknown malware.. which all are a WIP.

McLovin, Trend Micro bloated?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
McLovin, Trend Micro bloated?

It can get that way:

6wmqj.png

P

Plexx

McLovin, Directpass is part of the suite or an additional service that is not included in the suite?

I know they offer that type of service.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Earth said:
Don't assume. I wasn't referring to the Behaviour Shield, Sandbox or FileRep. Those are key points for Avast, to (or try to) prevent unknown malware.. which all are a WIP.

And i dont agree with your preference..this was the same with V6...they all work better in v7...I have a rogue on here...if i launch it..it goes to the sandbox....the day earlier i remember avast sandboxed a new zeroaccess malware....Agree the sandbox analysis is poor...but it is yet being worked upon..give it some time..the rogue was also ripped by filerep

and the other day my Father downloaded a file which was in .doc format from the e-mail which was also sandboxed..and i guess when i uploaded it to VT...it was brand new trojan bublik...

Also the sandbox is based on heuristic analysis...if a file is flagged as suspicious it will be sandboxed...they are...they all do their job well...Not a excuse...

some weeks ago...i by mistakely launched a adware and that was also caught by the sandbox..

For me i have 3 to more possible events where avast Filerep and SB have saved my butt!! and if those features are a R.I.P as to what you say...then they shouldnt be saving my butt like it is happening

Remember: avast behaviour shield,file shield and filerep and SB are interconnected...even in absence of 1 of them...the others will not function...

These are just my experiences that I am sharing...I am not intending to change anybody's point of view...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Biozfear said:
McLovin, Directpass is part of the suite or an additional service that is not included in the suite?

I know they offer that type of service.

Now it's part of the suite. When you buy the Internet Security and or the Max version you get a copy of the Direct Pass and the Online Guardian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.