Battle Avast 7 vs Eset SS 5 or (6 beta), Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Sam.

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 9, 2011
Hey, I'm looking for an antivirus which is good protection + no lag in gaming or slowdown, I've tried most of the products, eg. Kaspersky Pure, norton 360, bitdefender total security , Avast 7 Internet security and Eset Smart security 5.

i came up some conclusions:
Kaspersky Pure= Lag + Slow loading + slow web page load
norton 360=Internet lag+slow web page load
bitdefender total security=slow web page load
Avast 7 Internet security=little slow on web page load
Eset Smart security 5= no lag at all but problems in firewall

I didn't try any other products, if you could recommend me a better one I'll for sure use it.

I don't understand why people say Kaspersky doesn't lag at all, while I feel Tonnes of lag

So my viewpoint shrieked to:
Avast 7 Internet security vs Eset Smart security 5 or (6 beta)

Which one's better? or any other better ones?

What I want is: I game a lot , so I have to make sure there's no lag at all.

Thanks.

PC specs:
AMD Phenom II x3 720
6GB RAM
HD 6850 1GB VRAM
Windows 7 ultimate x64
500GB HDD Free space around 100GB

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I Too Would Suggest you to Go for ESET Smart Security If you really want a Peace of Mind at Gaming since i too have almost the same specs as yours and use ESET smart security with loads of gaming never had any slow down and works like charm and their web blocker is amazing and less intrusive and if you want online gaming lag free experience just Go to "protocol filtering settings and you could exclude the game" so that it wont filter your games
and about the firewall it is almost 99.9% game friendly and user friendly except for one application i Noticed that is Connectify

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.