App Review Real World, Evasive Malware and Performance Test by Trident

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

zkSnark

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
If Kaspersky Application is tweaked, never in the world will anybody (including Bitdefender) win against them. The test strategy requires products to be tested with default settings. Otherwise various disputes will arise. All products are not tweaked.

Maybe I can do another Kaspersky test with tweaked Application Control.
Maybe you can tweak Kaspersky with @harlan4096 's config and test it. Also would like you to test Avast One Individual (paid one).

Trident

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Maybe you can tweak Kaspersky with @harlan4096 's config and test it. Also would like you to test Avast One Individual (paid one).
I’ll have a look at Harlan’e config. Avast paid (Premium, One) has a password protection module which makes testing it more difficult. In case of RedLine stealer, a prompt will appear from Avast asking if I wanna block access to the passwords. I will obviously click on no, but then further analysis will be required to determine whether passwords were exfiltrated (what browsers it affects, did it manage to access and send the passwords)… it’s very tricky that one 🤔

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.