Avast acquires Piriform (CCleaner)

Avast acquires Piriform (CCleaner) - Is this good news?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I think I remember reading a couple years ago Avast/AVG owned or were connected in some way to a huge data mining firm. I forgot the name of it, maybe someone else remembers? I know Avira's love affair with Mixpanel turned me off immediately.

Bleachbit, Glary, Kerish Doctor, all sufficient if not better than Ccleaner IMO.

wasn't the aquirement of hidemy**s VPN?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
CCleaner was sold, because their business model was not working, it was not profitable, so Avast is obviously going to change that, in some way.

I consider CCleaner as the best browser cleaner, I am sure gonna miss it, it is irreplaceable at that moment. :(

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

I hope that Avast will develop the CCleaner to use it this the Avast Gui and I can Install it over the last CCleaner Release

I hope that Avast will Release a Beta Version of it to test it soon I think

With best Regards
Mops21

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Change challenges us all,:confused: both in thought and, indeed, realization.

I had not wanted to change our previous DISH Satellite TV provider,:oops: but paying the same amount while simultaneously getting reduced serviceo_O
urged us :mad: to try something different which might :eek:not be the same, once again.
Actually, AT&T (here in the States) recently acquired DirectTV which bothered me at first.:( Installation, indoors & along the wall of our living room, further alarmed me as well, but after the necessary "CCleaning" along the walls and the moving of furniture, our home now feels more comfortable! Our cats (unhappy at the beginning) are now happily sleeping amongst this new showroom feel which also provides added hiding places!:D
..and surprisingly, the merger of AT&T (an ISP provider we've already been using) with DirectTV challenged us to discover how after replacing older equipment with newer, we are now receiving a clearer (more consistantly in HD) picture which makes "Game of Thrones" truly breathtaking!:rolleyes:
Our Technician shared most customers don't like the new remote controls, preferring the old, but I've learned that it's radio controlled, and since it doesn't need to be pointed at the DVR I really do like it!!;) :)

We can hope improvements shall also be realized through positive development (as needed) with CCleaner in this way too.

Yes, sometimes changes can (and will) be :eek:scary, but positive change with fresh new viewpoints can also come about with unforeseen improvements tethered to the challenges of discomfort which even cats can eventually sleep well with!;) :cool:
That is what I'll hope for here as well.:)

Last edited:

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
We can hope improvements shall also be realized through positive development (as needed) with CCleaner in this way too.

Yes, sometimes changes can (and will) be :eek:scary, but positive change with fresh new viewpoints can also come about with unforeseen improvements tethered to the challenges of discomfort which even cats can eventually sleep well with!;) :cool:
That is what I'll hope for here as well.:)

Yeah...CHANGE. We can only hope for the best as CCleaner has been a favorite (for years now). Some improved through change, some decline and have been lost forever (like Online Armor and Agnitum Outpost products to name two). We all have to live with it :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

meltcheesedec

Level 2
Verified
Jul 30, 2017
Hi all

Vlk from Avast posts over on CCleaner forums.

Avast aquires Piriform - Software - Piriform Community Forums
"
Hi guys,

It's Vlk from Avast and the Avast forums... I just came here to say that there is really no need to worry. We love CCleaner and the community aspect of it, and we're definitely not planning to make any changes that could jeopardize it.

Let's stay in touch.

BTW Avast also runs a pretty active community forum at https://forum.avast.com, if you haven't been there yet I recommend checking it out.

Thanks,
Vlk
"
Great news from Vlk :).

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.