Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
This dialog box comes up whenever Avast shields are all activated but not when I down all the shields.

Already posted in their forums, but I just wanted to see if anyone here is experiencing the same issue?

upload_2017-2-11_17-36-56.png

since installing this new version of Avast, I noticed that my daily backup jobs in macrium reflect have not been running...

Go to the Macrium folder and execute the processes (update). It's to check if Hardened Mode is blocking the Macrium update process before the active desktop. If it is, you will get a Hardened Mode alert upon execution. It's just a check to eliminate Hardened Mode as a suspect.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Go to the Macrium folder and execute the processes (update). It's to check if Hardened Mode is blocking the Macrium update process before the active desktop. If it is, you will get a Hardened Mode alert upon execution. It's just a check to eliminate Hardened Mode as a suspect.
thanks
I can run all my backup jobs manually, I already trained hardened mode for that.
It's the automatic run that is the issue

Reactions: Evjl's Rain
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
has anybody got to the bottom of this issue of program blocking?
What happens if you put the HIPS down one level -- does that fix it? I noticed in the previous version that setting the HIPS too high would prevent my backups from running.

I would give it a try but I don't have AVAST installed right now on my main machine...

Reactions: Evjl's Rain
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
has anybody got to the bottom of this issue of program blocking?
What happens if you put the HIPS down one level -- does that fix it? I noticed in the previous version that setting the HIPS too high would prevent my backups from running.

I would give it a try but I don't have AVAST installed right now on my main machine...
avast 2017 has removed HIPS option, replaced by Behavior Shield
I have no problem with random program blocking or at least it blocks with a notification.

you can whitelist your backup programs as there is no point for avast to monitor or scan them => which may slow down the process and potentially cause some unknown problems

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.