Avast! Free Antivirus v9 with Hardened Mode (Manzaitest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Product name
Avast! Free Antivirus v9
Pros
  • + Fast Installation
    + Very good detection
    + Light
CONS
- Nothing

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
What does hardened mode do? Does it block all downloads or something? I used Avast before and turning on hardened mode blocked every modification, every change in the registry, and every download or installation!

Might've been to agressive:D

I haven't experienced any false positives so far.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131229133747AA0LjzA

Created an EICAR file and saved it.Avast did'nt catch it without a custom scan.But Qihoo IS and Comodo I.S. detected it in a flash and put it into virus vault :confused:
Did you use "exe" extension?

R

RevolutionSphere

Thread author
What does hardened mode do? Does it block all downloads or something? I used Avast before and turning on hardened mode blocked every modification, every change in the registry, and every download or installation!

Might've been to agressive:D
I know it adds layer of proctection on the pc and helps block more unknown files. I think they mainly designed it for inexperienced users.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Yes, they said exactly this in the settings. It should be enabled by default.
I totally disagree, of coarse it will have better protection but will flag many false positives to the point that it is not useable.
I enabled it before and it detected many safe programs and block many safe downloads much like BitDefender does.

There is a reason why it is not enabled by default.

Enjoy!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.