Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The OP clearly states this which would indicate changes in the whole product.

+ Huge internal changes for product stabilization
What I meant was the inclusion of some AVG features. Like now having dual scanning engines making it comparable to dual-engine Av/AM like Emsisoft Antimalware, 360 TSE, G Data Antivirus, Trustport Antivirus etc

Ransomware protection and exploit protection also come to my mind

Thanks

Last edited:

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
What I meant was the inclusion of some AVG features. Like now having dual scanning engines making it comparable to dual-engine Av/AM like Emsisoft Antimalware, 360 TSE, G Data Antivirus, Trustport Antivirus etc

Thanks
No avast only use only avast new improved engine in next year with some AVG features like Online Shield etc.No dual engine.

Ransomware protection:Anti-ransomware in Q1 2017.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
No avast only use only avast new improved engine in next year with some AVG features like Online Shield etc.No dual engine.

Ransomware protection:Anti-ransomware in Q1 2017.
Is AVG Online Shield better than Avast's Web Shield? If these 2 are the same then no point the duplication, right?

What about any exploit protection?

Thannks

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hasn't Avast free had Hips included for a while now?

Yes Avast have HIPS but not a full blown, which only focuses on suspicious behavior like activity unfortunately ineffective.

Hopefully Avast should undergone intensive improvements on the newly HIPS, especially their CyberCapture which the cloud itself must suppose to be active nowadays.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Is AVG Online Shield better than Avast's Web Shield? If these 2 are the same then no point the duplication, right?

What about any exploit protection?

Thannks
I don't know much about AVG's Online Shield but if they mix both of them then it would be more powerful.
I don't know about exploit protection but avast has it own.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013

Thanks
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding my side.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is this an Avast 12.4.2281 bug?

This appears randomly when using the computer during normal use, ie. browsing web with avast sitting in background.

upload_2016-11-7_10-22-2.png

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Discussing the new GUI is like discussing earrings on a pig. At the end of the day it still oinks.
Hello @cruelsister:)
Of course you are right, the most important for an AV is to be as effective as possible.
But you are really very cruel with aesthetes like me who love beautiful things: cars, motorbikes, musics, art, and of course women (or men;)).
With kind regards:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.