Battle AVG, Avast, or COMODO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
I'm killing myself by not being able to decide. Which internet security is better? I'm currently using COMODO, and I'm just curious if there's anything better.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
gbpackerfan said:
Does AVG even have heuristics?

Yes. Win7 gave you the details. You can always expect a known AV to have a heuristic engine. How good it is a different story. The more zero-day malware features the product has the better. For instance Comodo will, CIS 6, have a improved sandbox and a behavior blocker, a sort of webshield (their online Inspector) and maybe DACS to improve CIS detection rate that other AV founds through their heuristic engine or signatures. Many now see that signatures is not enough and can't created that fast; 50000 malware are created daily and it takes 1-3days to make signatures for those that are found.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I despise avg, so if it were me then I would have put mse or avira in the poll rather than avg... anyhoo, I love avast and that with comodo FW is awesome but i'm using CIS so i'd have to choose CIS...the reviews i've watched cis did very well so that's another reason I choose comodo.
Just my opinion is all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.