In-depth Comparison

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hello! My mother had Norton installed for the last 3 years. Now she wants to install either Avg or F-secure. She has a good knowledge in computer. Anyway while I am not convinced in AVG I, myself, would use F-Secure. Most importantly, she looks for the price. Please don't suggest using AVG free. She won't run free solution even if they offer good protection.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Avg IS -> Antiphishing, Great signatures+Pro active (IDP+ Cyber capture) , Own firewall, Great removal against unknown malware
F secure -> Great signatures, Active BB(Deep guard), Poor antiphishing, lacks firewall, next to none removal rate against unknown malware !

Choose as per your requirement!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anyway while I am not convinced in AVG I, myself, would use F-Secure.
You answered your own question.
Please don't suggest using AVG free. She won't run free solution even if they offer good protection.
AVG Internet Security is marginally better than Free Antivirus.

The misconceptions of Free = Crap or 'You Are The Data' is ridiculous.

Use F-Secure SAFE and see how it goes.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Avg IS -> Antiphishing, Great signatures+Pro active (IDP+ Cyber capture) , Own firewall, Great removal against unknown malware
F secure -> Great signatures, Active BB(Deep guard), Poor antiphishing, lacks firewall, next to none removal rate against unknown malware !

Choose as per your requirement!

Thank you very much! The only feature that AVG has and F-Secure hasn't is the firewall. I don't know if this is an advantage or not. We'll see.

You answered your own question.

AVG Internet Security is marginally better than Free Antivirus.

The misconceptions of Free = Crap or 'You Are The Data' is ridiculous.

Use F-Secure SAFE and see how it goes.

I I would use F-Secure and I will never use AVG. But this is me and not my mother. It is actually up to her but I posted here to see if any member shares his own experience that might have reflect on her opinion. Regarding the paid version of AVG does it show ads like in the free version?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
AVG Internet Security is light and secure suite. With Evjl's Rain tweaks is top. F-Secure SAFE on my system is heavy. Delay many the applications and the browsers.

I tried F-Secure 17.5 months ago and it was very very light. The only thing that makes me think that AVG is good for my mother is the hardened mode.

KonradPL

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2018
Any differences between F-Secure Internet Security and F-Secure Safe?

It`s the same product

I had used F-secure safe several years and like it.
One of the best web filtering against malicious sites and phishing, very good deep guard (BB) and avira`s engine.
Cons - there be no firewall, geep guard takes control over windows built in firewall

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Why not keep Norton ? Cheap licenses.

I always buy my software here, great support and official resellers, no illegal keys. Company is based in the Netherlands.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Why not keep Norton ? Cheap licenses.

I always buy my software here, great support and official resellers, no illegal keys. Company is based in the Netherlands.
Thanks for the link. I am from Palestine. Is it available in my country? I don't see my country in the country list when I try to create an account.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.