In-depth Comparison

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hello! My mother had Norton installed for the last 3 years. Now she wants to install either Avg or F-secure. She has a good knowledge in computer. Anyway while I am not convinced in AVG I, myself, would use F-Secure. Most importantly, she looks for the price. Please don't suggest using AVG free. She won't run free solution even if they offer good protection.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
F

ForgottenSeer 67480

NEIN! X5 AVG Maybe is last times guten in protecting PC, but i still don't trust him for that what he done to my PC 4 years ago. Cuz of AVG i almost had install Windows again cuz AVG ate me 3/4 RAM calculating it as: 90% eated RAM by AVG for nothing. I preffer choice F-Secure SAFE which is better than this RAM-Eater AVG MAVG.

• Thanks
Reactions: Divine_Barakah
L

Local Host

Go with F-Secure, the lack of Firewall is a pro and not a cos, as the Windows Firewall will do the job just fine (third-party Firewalls tend to cause more issues than not).

F-Secure tends to be way more light compared to AVG as well, at least last time I tested them both in March.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Thank you all who contributed to this thread. I have purchased F-Secure Safe 1D/1Y $19.99

Capture.PNG

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
It looks like I'm late to the party. You made the right decision in buying F-Secure SAFE. I'm using it on my family PC and the protection is decent. It's also light on the resources and DeepGuard does the job well. It uses Avira signatures that are pretty good. I'll start testing F-Secure in the hub from the next month. :emoji_v::emoji_beer::cool:

Is it normal for F-Secure installer to ask for a system reboot?
In my case it didn't ask for a reboot. Maybe it varies from system to system.

A mistake in my comments. I have tried the older version with Bitdefender signatures.
The new version is pretty light. Maybe it's because they shifted from Bitdefender signatures to Avira signatures.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
**Off-topic** Why is AVG very cheap? I have seen a promotion where AVG Ultimate unlimited devices for 2 year is sold for $36.

Why not keep Norton ? Cheap licenses.

I always buy my software here, great support and official resellers, no illegal keys. Company is based in the Netherlands.

I have created an account but when I go to the check out page I get an error. I think I am not authorised to access the check out page maybe because the store is not available in my country. That's very unfortunate because they really sell good deals.

Reactions: KonradPL

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016
Why not keep Norton ? Cheap licenses.

I always buy my software here, great support and official resellers, no illegal keys. Company is based in the Netherlands.
Oh wow amazing price

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Then I wish you had shared it earlier. F-Secure Internet Security is for just $7. I paid $19.99 LoL
They are key resellers and I never had a problem with them.
They have good prices on games as well...Sorry I couldn't share earlier..:(

Also:

...and others.:):)

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
They are key resellers and I never had a problem with them.
They have good prices on games as well...Sorry I couldn't share earlier..:(

Also:

...and others.:):)

I have purchased a F-Secure Internet Security from G2A back in 2018 and the key got blocked after a month or two. I think purchasing from G2A and similar sites depends on your luck hahaha

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.