In-depth Comparison

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hello! My mother had Norton installed for the last 3 years. Now she wants to install either Avg or F-secure. She has a good knowledge in computer. Anyway while I am not convinced in AVG I, myself, would use F-Secure. Most importantly, she looks for the price. Please don't suggest using AVG free. She won't run free solution even if they offer good protection.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
That is a good price..
You can also try ebay from a reputable seller;

Thanks for posting but, unfortunately, this is a key card not a download version. And if you don't know if you ship anything to Gaza it might take 60 days to arrive and that's if you're lucky enough if the Israeli forces let it in.

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Indeed if you shop around you can find good deals.I never buy from the official sites.
Look at this price:

o_O :ROFLMAO: (n)

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Last time I used F-Secure, false positives were a nightmare. Cannot tell at the moment. AVG I personally dislike.

Yes I agree. But it is easy to allow blocked files.

Edit: F-Secure's Deep Guard detected Sticky Password portable as "Suspicious:W32/Malware!DeepGuard.r". I excluded the programme and reported the false positive.

Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have been away for some time now. Anyway, I have been suing both AVG IS and F-Secure on two of my devices and I can confidently say that both products are very light but F-Secure is much lighter. I have experienced some issues in AVG's GUI that even support could not fix, only complete uninstall and reinstall helped. I am currently very happy with F-Ssecure and I feel they are in the right path.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.