D

Deleted member 2913

Evjl's Rain

Level 44
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
That would be good. I will post the link/video in Comodo Forum.

By the way, how you find CCAV overall?
it blocked 99.999% of ransomwares except MBR-type. Almost a perfect result
however, I disabled all the modules just left autosandbox on, CCAV always used 0.1-2.5% of my CPU in my i7 host machine (avast installed). I was monitoring it for 1 hour, I never saw it dropped to 0%, never. I manually whitelisted all avast folders but no improvement after a few reboots. That's why I uninstalled it
comodo firewall blocked 100% and didn't cause the persistent CPU usage

I tested BD antiransowmare against petya, Teslacrypt, locky, (I don't have any CTB-locker sample) which they claim to protect against in the UI of the app
failure rate: 100% :)
missed all of them. Useless even my petya samples were very very old
That´s very disappointing for Bitdefender, who has a good name in the Antivirus branch. They promise something and it´s not true. Total useless this tool.

Many thanks again for your help and effort!:):):)

Evjl's Rain

Level 44
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Comodo becuase of its HIPS , almost block everything otherwise ask about their action : )) not surprise

by the way Evjl's Rain is there any finall comparison for these ransomware tests.. ?
what is the final comparison?

No, I disabled Comodo's HIPS. Just sandbox was enabled and the sandbox blocked everything

Mr.Pr

Level 6
Malware Tester
well we just have your test in diffrent topics, it would be great if you create ( of course when you finished your all tests ) a topic for finall results and compare tested products results ... for example creat a Table:

[vendor] [number of malware tested] [blocked]
Comodo ..............20 ........................ 16

hope you got it:D

Evjl's Rain

Level 44
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
well we just have your test in diffrent topics, it would be great if you create ( of course when you finished your all tests ) a topic for finall results and compare tested products results ... for example creat a Table:

[vendor] [number of malware tested] [blocked]
Comodo ..............20 ........................ 16

hope you got it:D
hmm, I tested them differently. I just counted the number of missed samples but I may consider that when there is nothing else fun to test