Advice Request AVG is a mess!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
of course 100%

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
How to intall Avast Avg without bloadwares
i wouldn't trust Avast after the privacy invade accident.yes i know all software keep data telemetry but to be used for any purpose (such as sell then to 3rd party companies) except their software enhancement as fixing bugs/feed their cloud with required data to enhance protection and new malware response

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
i wouldn't trust Avast after the privacy invade accident.yes i know all software keep data telemetry but to be used for any purpose (such as sell then to 3rd party companies) except their software enhancement as fixing bugs/feed their cloud with required data to enhance protection and new malware response
This agree with you. But realy you trust microsoft? facebook? Kaspersky? Google? From the moment you are on the internet you do not know who is spying on you.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
This agree with you. But realy you trust microsoft? facebook? Kaspersky? Google? From the moment you are on the internet you do not know who is spying on you.
but that not mean i give them that and i know
and the comparison is not equal to security soft for me security software is sensitive point this software should protect my identity from being exposed of theft.
  • for Facebook you aren't obliged to use it you could deactivate your account and use some types of Ad blocking.
  • For windows you could maximize privacy using some tools such as O&O shutup 10 and many other opensource trusted tools/use Linux as alternative
  • Google you also not obliged you could use alternative such as Duck Duck go
so i always say nothing is being free for free so if i would pay i will pay for the company which respect privacy such Emsisoft which i am using right now. Also security software should help me to mitigate the privacy issues of the other software including OS/other software

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
but that not mean i give them that and i know
and the comparison is not equal to security soft for me security software is sensitive point this software should protect my identity from being exposed of theft.
  • for Facebook you aren't obliged to use it you could deactivate your account and use some types of Ad blocking.
  • For windows you could maximize privacy using some tools such as O&O shutup 10 and many other opensource trusted tools/use Linux as alternative
  • Google you also not obliged you could use alternative such as Duck Duck go
so i always say nothing is being free for free so if i would pay i will pay for the company which respect privacy such Emsisoft which i am using right now. Also security software should help me to mitigate the privacy issues of the other software including OS/other software
I agree but I still don't trust anything, and no company. There are stupid spies (Avast) :) and there are smart spies ;)

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I agree but I still don't trust anything, and no company. There are stupid spies (Avast) :) and there are smart spies ;)
if you want free solution then try the one with the least telemetry and use windows built in feature with good habits .there are Good free alternative some of them may be better than avast such BD free/Forticlient/Kaspersky (which more trustful more for me more than avast although it is Russian)(they were used by a lot of Armies corporations world wide)

But by the way Good tutorial for Avast telemetry blocking @stefanos Thanks for sharing ;) ;)

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
if you want free solution then try the one with the least telemetry and use windows built in feature with good habits .there are Good free alternative some of them may be better than avast such BD free/Forticlient/Kaspersky (which more trustful more for me more than avast although it is Russian)(they were used by a lot of Armies corporations world wide)

But by the way Good tutorial for Avast telemetry blocking @stefanos Thanks for sharing ;) ;)
I never promote any protection product. I just don't like that some members make a lot of bad comments without knowing one product. As for me, I do some tests and I say my opinion. I never comment badly on a product that I haven't tried. As for your suggestions: SECURE: Complete - Stefanos's Security Config 2020 I just don't agree with Forticlient. It has good signatures, but it has zero behavioral protection. And Forticlient now supports the paid versions.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I never promote any protection product. I just don't like that some members make a lot of bad comments without knowing one product. As for me, I do some tests and I say my opinion. I never comment badly on a product that I haven't tried. As for your suggestions: SECURE: Complete - Stefanos's Security Config 2020 I just don't agree with Forticlient. It has good signatures, but it has zero behavioral protection. And Forticlient now supports the paid versions.
yes agree but it has Excellent web protection as internet is the main source of malicious files (beside phishing attacks) you could compensate behavior blocker by some system hardening or adding vodoo shield free as default deny solution ;) ;) " i consider web/network protection the most important defense layer to face any attack "As i said above most threats "Malware/ransomware/botnets" published by internet/network attack.if the web protection is strong enough then the malware wouldn't be able to bypass it and the second layer "Behavior protection may not be needed however it is important layer.
if the AV soft able to block malicious attachment/mails/websites before compromising user system then behavior blocking would be useless "if not it will be the first layer if web protection failed :):)

Reactions: stefanos

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
yes agree but it has Excellent web protection as internet is the main source of malicious files (beside phishing attacks) you could compensate behavior blocker by some system hardening or adding vodoo shield free as default deny solution ;) ;) " i consider web/network protection the most important defense layer to face any attack "As i said above most threats "Malware/ransomware/botnets" published by internet/network attack.if the web protection is strong enough then the malware wouldn't be able to bypass it and the second layer "Behavior protection may not be needed however it is important layer.
if the AV soft able to block malicious attachment/mails/websites before compromising user system then behavior blocking would be useless "if not it will be the first layer if web protection failed :):)
Agree. But many persons try to download cracks. The first thing they do is to turn off the web protection. As for the combinations with vodooshield and Panda free is safe :)

• HaHa
Reactions: DDE_Server

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Agree. But many persons try to download cracks. The first thing they do is to turn off the web protection. As for the combinations with vodooshield and Panda free is safe :)
i was one of those long time ago
in these day i find open source alternative to perform the task
however if there a must to use cracked version of any software.use it in virtual machine and wibe it after using the cracked software (make sure the network card is removed from your Vm settings to be completely isolated and disable share folder access (only enable copy and past to copy any working file which produced from using your software) and you will be safe. donot follow this if you are able to afford it or find decent free alternative to it which always available :) :)

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
however if there a must to use cracked version of any software.use it in virtual machine and wibe it after using the cracked software (make sure the network card is removed from your Vm settings to be completely isolated and disable share folder access (only enable copy and past to copy any working file which produced from using your software) and you will be safe. donot follow this if you are able to afford it or find decent free alternative to it which always available :) :)
The comments I make are for users without experience. Personally, I never use paid versions. And I've been a member of greek trackers for many years, if I need a crack it's very simple for me. ;)

Reactions: DDE_Server

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
And thanks for the tips :)

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
McAfee is also very light and well-optimised.

Back on topic, AVG was the superior product before Avast came along and dissected it. Does AVG still retains it's own IDP module, or did Avast remove it?
I believe that AVG's IDP is still there as in some behavioural detections, you see IDPXXXXXX. I have a 3-year license for McAfee IS but I am not using it on any of my devices. Will revisit it soon.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.